F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: straight pipe on a sport bike ....?

Straight pipes are for idiots unless it's on a strip somewhere. We have enough negative feeling directed at us already, why make it worse?

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would recomend against the entire idea of a straight pipe. My F4i is running a cut down F2 can w/no baffeing and it's gotten to just be annoying. From a distance it just sounds like an *** load of firecrackers going off in a tin can and I'm constantlly waiting to have a state pooper pull me over for it. I like the sound of a nice slip on like a D&D or something along those lines. Just save up some cash and get a nice slipon instead.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 AM

sounds like ***!!!

just make a shorty! its plenty loud

Old 08-27-2007, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Dirtytoes

okay.

as someone else said....if you have a straight pipe...

you know what, lets say you have ur STOCK f4i can but cut in half....for w/e reason.....there is certain material(i forgot the name) in the can that will simply vaporize and go away over time....thus, you will need to open the tip of the can and RE-fill it....

if you DON'T....

the valves need to be kept warm....everytime you go ride and you let off the gas and you hear the bike back-fire....thats the pipe sucking in COLD air and thats gonna go straight to the other end and keep cooling up the "warm" spot.

now, im sure that almost all of you guys have heard ur bike back fire when ur riding high revs and u let off the gas towards red light....depending on your mufflre, that will hurt ur bike becaz it is sucking in cool air and altho the muffler doesn't let alot that that cool air through...some still will get through...

now imagine that same thing, but with no muffler in the way to even "try" and keep that cool air out.

...conclusion: over time, this WILL hurt your bike.

besides all this talk about a straight pipe hurtin ur bike and all, ur bike WILL run like ****. if you don' believe me, take off your muffler and take ur bike for a spin around the block. u WILL notice the huge drop in performance.

+1
Stunter's know how to keep a f4i runin smooth!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:41 PM

strait pipe/ high flowing exhausts belong on the track or on boosted applications. Anything can be tuned to run good and make power but some make less depending on how it was designed. This is why full exhausts are so expensive. Alot of designe time there. I did make a strait 2.5" exhaust but the powerband flattened out at high rpms and lost alot of torque. and we all know 600s need as much as they can get. So no strait exhaust don't belong on street bike but yes it sounds SICK!!! Moto gp everywhere.