F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

stolen bike: keep a look out

Old 07-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stolen bike: keep a look out

Hey everyone,

I am honestly completely ashamed that I didn't think of this sooner. I used to be a fairly active member here but after graduating college I found that I had a lot less time to browse the forum.

My 2004 f4I was stolen about 2 months ago (middle of may) from my condo in CT. I know I was "asking for it" my not having it chained to something but I can't change that now.

On a local forum that I belong to we have had some success recovering bikes just by spreading the word around, so all I am asking is too keep your eyes peeled. If you see something that looks fishy or random parts for sale that just doesn't feel right please do not hesitate to PM me with the details, I will do all following up myself.

Here is a list od distinguishing features until I can post a picture of the bike:

Red and black scheme
Targa full coverage solo cowl w/ fairly obvious repair work done on the left side (riders left)
Dark smoked ebay double bubble
Upper fairing has cracks around the top two shield mounting holes and light rash on the left side
Extended ebay frame sliders, damage to the left one
Rash on the stator cover
5 nautical star stickers of decreasing size where the large "honda" sticker used to be
The elusive "bootleg: limited edition shorty" exhaust
Blinkers and brake lights wired to the passenger pegs (3 led's each, orange and red) one of the brakelights was out
Bike was pinstriped with 1/4 inch silver around all red edges, one small section was scuffed on riders right from loading into a trailer

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks everyone

Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like you had a nice bike. I will keep the look out. I browse craigslist and ebay daily.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:26 PM

No wonder I got such a good deal .... just kidding. But sorry to hear about the bike - I hope you find her.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Thanks guys. I have already replaced her, sadly not with a honda. She was my first and was going to be retired to the track after purchasing the new mistress, but apparently some scumbags had a different plan for her.

Still working on a pic, and I forgot, it also had shorty pazzo's, black levers red adjusters

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about the loss. I doubt the parts will leave the NE, but it's possible. Especially if you have "popular" parts, like the exhaust and levers.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bike being stolen. Having been a bike theft victim too, I know that feeling. Mine was stolen on Christmas eve. Next morning, I was going to ride to the grocery for something needed for the big day's meal. I walked out my front door all geared up & ready to go, only to discover that my bike was gone. Had the police out to take a report, etc etc etc. The bike was never seen again.

For the longest time, I'd check all the local newspapers, etc, for listings possibly about my bike or parts from it. I even went to several people's houses who listed the same type bike for sale. It was all fruitless & I wasted a whole lot of time & effort. I dunno, maybe it was my process for dealing w/ the theft, hoping I'd catch the sob that stole it.

Anyway, I hope you have a more positive result. Sounds like you've got a good local forum that can help. Good luck.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm a craigslist lurker and I haven't seen it in the Maine/NH area, but hopefully it'll turn up. I'd rage if my bike was ever stolen.

Bump for great justice.