F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Stock 1/4 time and power questions noob here sorry

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 1/4 time and power questions noob here sorry

Im a noob sorry for the stupid questions but here they are anyways.
01 cbr600f4i What kind of 1/4 mile times can be expected from this bike.

What kind of power increase do you see from a pipe?

Im a big engine guy so these small numbers see so diffrent to me but power to weight is a wonderful thing HAHA. Im just getting into the motorcycle seen and loving every second of it. Im considering some sort of forced induction in the near future as well but i dont know what the limitations of the stock block are. so if anyone could toss me some info on that to it would be great. Thanks for all your input everyone.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 PM

I myself am a car guy and can say FI on a 600cc is pointless. You'll spend enough on a kit to fab, researching, and designing, that you should've learned to either a) ride faster, or b) upgrade to a 750cc or 1000cc bike. 1/4 mile times are in the low 11 sec range stock. You won't feel or see much of a gain from the usual pipe, pc, or filter. What you will see gains from is a sprocket change. When I went down in the front I had all the aforementioned mods done and the 520 conversion did a lot. You feel the power and see it also. Really climbs from 40-120 mph a lot faster. However, past 130 mph a stock 600rr will easily walk away. Talking in a straighline here.

So it's all pointless to spend the money as opposed to learning to ride faster in the twisties. Sure a pipe sounds better but spending $300 for a track day will get you far better results.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Yah man not the right bike for this kind of stuff. If you decide you want to just go fast and in a straight line just get a liter bike and an extended swingarm and drop it or whatever. If you get fast enough in a straight line with that then go ahead and look at boosting or nitrous or whatever.

Personally I think that **** is extremely gay but you know to each their own. Going from 4 wheels to 2 is a wholleeeee new ballgame. Concentrate on becoming a better rider because it takes yearss and lots of track time and what you have now will most likely exceed your ability unless you really get serious.

Riding is an art form..hopefully you'll get the chance to realize that it's not the bike...it's the rider.

Remember everything that's going on..gas in right hand, front brake at right hand, clutch in left hand, rear brake on right leg, shifter at left leg. Now you gotta move your body around, counter steer, anddd you only got two wheels? fahhhgettaboouttit just worry about riding the damn thing like you should.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:02 PM

I didn't feel any difference with adding the slip-on, but I don't have evidence either way. Just what I felt.

As others have said, if you really wanted to get into drag racing(speed wise), then move up to something bigger. I wouldn't waste time, or money, with a power adder. Although, if you wanted to get into drag racing, more for the fun(ie. bracket racing), then maybe just stretch it, strap it, drop it. Full exhaust and a power commander, possibly?

I'm a car guy as well. And I can say that it sometimes bugs me that my bike with 110hp can accelerate quicker than my 500hp car. lol

Old 07-12-2011, 01:25 PM

Here you go: http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2010JanIndex.pdf

01-05 STOCK F4i pulls a 1/4 mile in 10.59 seconds. :-)

Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by highercal
Here you go: http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/articles/2010JanIndex.pdf

01-05 STOCK F4i pulls a 1/4 mile in 10.59 seconds. :-)

According to that article thats what the 01-03 run.
The 04-06 Nanner seats run 11.26.
But I remember reading somewhere they had to tone down the 04-06 F4i and switched the seat so that the RR would stand out a little more.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:46 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Have to remember that's also with a pro drag racer. 99% of every day riders will never see that kind of time.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. Im not looking to make it a rocket ship but maybe faster then my mustang. Now my mustang on 591 wheel and a powerglide goes 10.40 @ 133 mph on my pump gas setup. Never took it to the track on the 700wheel tune. Im actually in the process of doing a hart transplant and putting a nice healthy gt4788 turbo on it. I want 1000wheel out of it. Now i dont plan on having my bike faster then it at that point but still id like to see a botom 10 sec pass out of it. I know riding skill has WAY more to do with it then the bike itself but its all a learning process of which im working on. Again thank you all for your input.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Your 600cc bike will NOT run low 10s without substantial drag race mods, likely including nitrous and a hardcore dyno tune, maybe other internal upgrades, on top of all the usuals (wheel base, suspension, gearing, ECU piggybacks). And when you get into that kind of modifications, unless you have a specific goal of being one of the fastest 600cc bikes, you might as well get a 1000cc.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
Your 600cc bike will NOT run low 10s without substantial drag race mods, likely including nitrous and a hardcore dyno tune, maybe other internal upgrades, on top of all the usuals (wheel base, suspension, gearing, ECU piggybacks). And when you get into that kind of modifications, unless you have a specific goal of being one of the fastest 600cc bikes, you might as well get a 1000cc.
Not necessarily, it all depends on what year you have and what skill you possess. That article was made in 2010 and ALL bikes were stock and the 01-03 F4i pulled a 10.59 1/4 mile which is not bad for 600cc. but if you wanna run a 9 second 1/4 you might as well upgrade to a 08 1000rr.

Last edited by highercal; 07-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock 1/4 time and power questions noob here sorry