F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Starting with an F4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Starting with an F4i

Got it as a first bike in May. It was hardfor me to ride it smoothly for about a monthwhile I got used to gearbox, accelerator and clutch. But after that it is easier and easier every day.

A fewsaid above that it could very easily kill you. Well, I kind of disagree. Unless you do something _really_ wrong or push it well over the limit, it is very stable and forgiving. If you arenot riding like there is no tomorrow, but taking it slowly, calmly, and with some respect to the power, it will do whatever you want it to do. For last three months I can't remember a single time where a bike was the one who caused the problem, itwas always me (nothing serious though - bad speed judgement, bad trajectory, etc).

I think F4i is the best possible option for a first bike. I am going to keep it for a few years until myskills grow enough to match the bike abilities(if this ever happens ), over those couple months I learned a lot and see that there is so much more to learn.Itshould keep me busy for a long time.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Banned

I started with my F4i, easy to ride but you need to really respect it for a while. Powerwise it doesn't make a lot of it until about 8,000 or so Rpm so it can be riden easily, but like any other extremely fast vehicle it will f**k you up if you aren't careful.

I don't 'regret' it, but I realize where I ride and how I ride would maybe be better on a different bike. There are mostly straight rodes around here so an all-out sportbike is not the best choice for me. The F4i suits me better than an RR, but maybe less than a 919 or a z750.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 AM

yeah everybody that gets on my f4i says its sooo much more comfy than my boyfriends 600rr...due to the banana seat i suppose. but i find the seat a bit wide which is why i think his feel lower to me since the seat is narrower, and the 600rr is actually a little lighter than the f4i not by much but im female and dont have as much strength as a guy(not saying that females are weak, just this female) so every pound makes a difference to me. i dunno, im going to keep it till next year then may be trade it in, i spend the money and i want to be totally happy. which brings me to a question....since i'm thinking of selling it, what does everyone think about modifying it. will i lose all the money i put into it or will people be willing to pay more for a modded bike...ie..exhaust, undertail, winscreen, flushmounts, etc...

Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: angela661982

yeah everybody that gets on my f4i says its sooo much more comfy than my boyfriends 600rr...due to the banana seat i suppose. but i find the seat a bit wide which is why i think his feel lower to me since the seat is narrower, and the 600rr is actually a little lighter than the f4i not by much but im female and dont have as much strength as a guy(not saying that females are weak, just this female) so every pound makes a difference to me. i dunno, im going to keep it till next year then may be trade it in, i spend the money and i want to be totally happy. which brings me to a question....since i'm thinking of selling it, what does everyone think about modifying it. will i lose all the money i put into it or will people be willing to pay more for a modded bike...ie..exhaust, undertail, winscreen, flushmounts, etc...
if your planning on selling i wouldnt do any expensive mods, cause what ever money you spent will most likely not be made back in re-sale. as far as exhaust goes, if you REALLY have to have one....you could always take it back off when you sell the bike, and sell it on ebay of something.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 PM

I found an article that directly compared that 600RR and the F4i. I did a search but couldn't find it...if i do i'll try and post it up. But basically the RR has a few more hp (the pre '04 ones only had about 4-5 more, while the '05 and up have a few more) and felt better on a track, but other than that they preferred the F4i. The F4i actually beat the RR in the 1/4 mile because it had better traction from a start (the RR has a siffer frame and suspension which led to more wheel spin from a stand still). The brakes are slightly better in the RR, but hardly by much at all. The F4i is MUCH more comfortable and does 99% of what the RR will...and you will only find that out on a track. So the only reason to spend the extra $$$$ on the RR is if 1) you're trying to be seriously competitive on the track, or 2) you think it's worth that much more for the looks.

I took a ride with my friend and his '03 600RR and we switched off bikes a couple of times. I really did like the slightly easier transient response of the RR and the quieter engine (my stupid CCT is making a bit of noise), and the riding position was surprisingly comfortable...for about 30 minutes, after which i was ready to be back on the F4i. Once back on the F4i i realized how much more comfortable it really is for the long haul. I couldn't tell a big difference in power, although the RR did feel a bit smoother...and newer in general. But since he paid another $2000 for his bike, i don't feel one bit jealous. I'll probably have this bike for a couple of years and then start looking around to see what else has come out. But for now, i'm perfectly content with it.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 PM

Well angela if it makes you feel any better i'm only 130lbs and 5'7 and found it so easy to ride this thing. First time rider and first bike. I think riding around and on the track you won't notice the 20-25lbs dry weight difference. Now if you were talking about RR or a harley then yea i can see trading haha.

If your going to trade it then don't bother modding, mod the RR when you get it, IF you still decide to get it. The only thing i like between the RR and my f4i is the RR headlights and tail lights, thats about it

Old 08-03-2007, 02:21 PM

bought an '02 F4i about 2 months ago and I love it... although it's been in the shop for the past 2 weeks. for some reason, I've got an electrical nightmare going on with my bike (as do many other people who own F4i's).

when/if i get it back, i'm sure i'll fall in love again... but right now, i'm pretty pissed at my bike.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM

The only electrical problem i have is i found an open wire, not touching anything though. And one connector, the top of it seems to have melted a bit, dunno why but i will def take pics so you guys can let me know.

My signals on my display are always on as well, if i unplug em from the back they work normal and flash when using em. Seems like 3 of the ground wires in the back arent hooked up

Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Whats the problem if i may ask?

Old 08-03-2007, 02:52 PM

Quick Reply: Starting with an F4i