F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Split Seat and powder coat question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Split Seat and powder coat question!

Hey guys. Thinking about doing the split seat conversion. The banana seat is comfortable but I'm looking for that race look. Anyone have any parts to help me out, let me know! Also, I was thining about powerdercoating my frame and swingarm black. Has anyone fully disassembled their f4i? How long did it take and how difficult is it ? Thanks!

Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Default RE: Split Seat and powder coat question!

I am in the process of doing one now, I got most of my parts from CBRZone They are great people..

The whole swap including paint is around $550 plus my old parts.

I didn't powdercoat the frame though. I went with Duplicolor textured metallic graphite paint for the subframe, I have painted other items on my bike with it and it is very tough and great looking,metches the seattexture nicely.

I searched for about a week for cheaper parts, it just wasn't happening. Expaect to pay about $200 for new seats, $200 for a used oem tail, $200 for a used subframe, $40 or so forthe stock undertail $30 for a tailight... $50 for other stuff, $100 for paint

Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 PM

hey i jut finished my conversion all n all im into it about 500 dollars i searched craigslist.com and found my subfame and tail section and if you are talking to someone parting out a bike they might make you a deal on the passenger pegs tail and battery trayand the 500 includes an undertail kit from ebay that was 150 i also have my stock stuff so i can sell it and get some money back or if i dont like it as well i can just put the stockie stuff back on but anyways i left my subframe black i kinda like the 2 tone look but that is my personal opinion. just so you know before you start your conversion the exhaust doesnt line up with the new pegs you have toloosen it up and slide it back andwhen i slid mine back i had an exhaust leak so i just bought new exhaust a little motogp stlye that comes out right behind the right peg and the ecm and this other part dont go i the same spot but if you look up the conversion under search champf4i took pics of his conversion and he shows you where they need to go really not that hard at all and he managed to get his stock exhaust to work so yea just some things you should knowo and if never disassembled my whole bike so i dont know how difficult that process is

Old 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_277387/tm.htmthat is the link to the post that i used to help me in my conversion process