F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

So, my bike got damaged today. .

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So, my bike got damaged today. .

ORIGINAL: Cage

Just so I dont have to go through any legal b.s. im going to pay for the service but i told the guy straight up that its poor buisness ethics and ill definately be telling EVERYONE i know to steer clear of that shop because they are too incompetent to even perform a simple first service to a bike.
That's just what I was going to say. You're obligated to pay for the cost of the service you originally brought the bike in for, but it would have been good customer relations for him to give it to you free. Now you'll be out there telling everyone how bad they are, but by eating the cost, they could have had you out there telling people that they're good guys who do the right thing.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I will play devil's advocate ans speak on the side of the shop owner. I am a mechanic and runa shop. I have had bike's fall, because guys get into too big of a hurry and skip steps. When this has happened I generally do not charge the guy for the original work that was done. Why? Well because insurance pays for it. So to charge a customer would be double dipping. Now depending on the situation this is not always possible. Ihave only charged people for the parts and not the labor before when all the exspenses could not be covered by insurance.

As for thetech who the bike fell on. Tell him next time to make sure the bike is secured before he goes tugging and pulling and bouncing the bike around. It only takes a minute to avoid hours of headaches and heartaches.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:47 PM

what type of 'maintenance' costs 192 bucks?
IMO you still should pay for the service...but he shouldn't really be asking for it...that is a good business/bad business practice...after dropping the bike.
sounds like he's just trying to recover some costs...
do the work yourself...as your case proves, most shops are not competent.
if you want, take it up with a laywer, and instead of having them fix your bike...take down every part that has been busted up, including the stock crap can...tally up the total...and tell them you want cash instead of the parts...

Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 AM

Okay i do agree with you in not having to pay for the service becaus they messed up. But i have an understanding of the manger of the shop also. I wouldnt of tried to charge you the 192 because that was my employee's fault not urs but it would of been greatly discounted. Also it doesnt really make since to me why the manger is trying to charge you for that anyway.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM

!92.00 if for the first service after engine break in. Most of the money is towards the labor, they are supposed to cover the parts (which only came out 46.00 anyway)

Im new to bikes, i really dont know how to work on them all too well. This is the first one i ever owned.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM

although 200 is high for the stuff they actually do, it's not bad for first service.

lucky for you they didn't charge you for customizing your bike...buhahhahahah...