F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

So I bought this RK Quick Acceleration Chain Kit for my f4i..

Old 07-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Default So I bought this RK Quick Acceleration Chain Kit for my f4i..

Bought it off ebay and when trying to install the rear sprocket came to find out that the rear sprocket's holes do not align with the holes on the wheel hub. The kit supposedly fits 01-06 f4i's. My bike is an 05. Now I'm stranded with my bike inoperable until I get the correct sprocket. Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails So I bought this RK Quick Acceleration Chain Kit for my f4i..-2011-07-29-09.25.32.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 12:45 PM

All you can do it ring them and tell them they set you the wrong parts and need to send you the right parts asap.
Also check the front sprocket and chain pitch, length etc.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeh View Post
All you can do it ring them and tell them they set you the wrong parts and need to send you the right parts asap.
Also check the front sprocket and chain pitch, length etc.
What should I look for on the front sprocket?

Old 07-29-2011, 02:27 PM

Correct number of teeth and a tight fit onto the crank, you dont want any rotational play.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 PM

Ok. I had to get another sprocket (Driven) and a DID chain (since the guy sent me one that was missing links). I would not recommend buying from this ebay seller: motofaster_online. I'm not even sure if he will even refund me the money after trying to fool me.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Sorry to hear you received the wrong item, but if you haven't communicated with them yet you should not be downing them like that. Everyone makes mistakes, so i'm sure that's all that happened. After all, you don't get as high a reputation as them by doing shady business. I bought from them, received exactly what I ordered, and received it quickly.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by ucyifly View Post
Sorry to hear you received the wrong item, but if you haven't communicated with them yet you should not be downing them like that. Everyone makes mistakes, so i'm sure that's all that happened. After all, you don't get as high a reputation as them by doing shady business. I bought from them, received exactly what I ordered, and received it quickly.
Let me start with this: Good for you for getting what you wanted. Now, lets get back to the facts concerning my experience with them. I did communicate with the guy. His first response was trying to tell me that he is 100% sure he sent me the right stuff and tried to tell me that theres absolutely no way that I have the wrong kit. Then he tried to blame everything on RK not giving him the right stuff, so I had to say that he messed up by not inspecting the parts before shipping it my way. I have received a sprocket that is most likely a factory f*ck-up (see the pic) and a chain that was missing 3 links. Not to mention the master link plate was bent the first time I got it which suggests that the chain has been used. How would you rate my satisfaction at this point? Let me give you a hint: I'm freaking pissed.

Now let me explain something to you. Shady business is trying to sell me used stuff and blame the RK for it. We all make mistakes, but we all don't admit it, pal. I have lost the whole day driving in traffic and looking for the sprocket and chain so I could be back on the road. I just got done putting a Driven sprocket and a DID chain along with the SpeedoDRD, which now I need to reprogram after looking at your reply. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by mbison83 View Post
Let me start with this: Good for you for getting what you wanted. Now, lets get back to the facts concerning my experience with them. I did communicate with the guy. His first response was trying to tell me that he is 100% sure he sent me the right stuff and tried to tell me that theres absolutely no way that I have the wrong kit. Then he tried to blame everything on RK not giving him the right stuff, so I had to say that he messed up by not inspecting the parts before shipping it my way. I have received a sprocket that is most likely a factory f*ck-up (see the pic) and a chain that was missing 3 links. Not to mention the master link plate was bent the first time I got it which suggests that the chain has been used. How would you rate my satisfaction at this point? Let me give you a hint: I'm freaking pissed.

Now let me explain something to you. Shady business is trying to sell me used stuff and blame the RK for it. We all make mistakes, but we all don't admit it, pal. I have lost the whole day driving in traffic and looking for the sprocket and chain so I could be back on the road. I just got done putting a Driven sprocket and a DID chain along with the SpeedoDRD, which now I need to reprogram after looking at your reply. Thanks.

Chill he was just telling you his experience. It happens to all of us all the time.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Krux View Post
Chill he was just telling you his experience. It happens to all of us all the time.
No he wasn't. He accused me of not contacting the seller and 'doing shady business,' (lol) or whatever he meant by that. It ain't my fault I got screwed.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:50 PM

I just re-read my reply and do not see how you can get that I was being a smart-*** (as you stated in your little rant you PM'd me). Nowhere in your posts did you ever say that you had contacted the seller. All you said was you didn't know if you would be refunded. Also, where did I accuse you of anything? I said "IF you have not contacted them". You do understand what the word if means? Anyway, i'm done with you, don't worry about getting any help from me, won't be doing that anymore since you seem to be so sensitive and turn a simple reply into a derogatory remark. You return the favor by refraining from sending me your nasty little messages.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So I bought this RK Quick Acceleration Chain Kit for my f4i..

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.