F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shop sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010 | 01:25 PM

I just had a set of tires put on at the dealership here, and believe it or not I have been pleased and haven't felt ripped off. I originally went in for a diagnostic on the bike, turned out to be a fuse. Told me it was ready 2 hours later. I got there and told them I found a deal on tires at motorcycle superstore for michelin pilot power 2ct's for $221.98 shipped. They asked if they matched the price could they sell them to me instead and of course I agreed. So the labor is $64 an hour...but I have the piece of mind that a shop did it. I have a few friends that probably could have done it a little cheaper but they wouldn't have been balanced. All in all the dealership is slowly changing my perception of them as a whole to a certain point...just my 2 cents here.....

Old 03-30-2010 | 01:39 PM

Bluerrchick, that's a pretty good deal actually...price match plus $64 for mount and balance on both tires.

Old 03-30-2010 | 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by RunwayOneSix
Bluerrchick, that's a pretty good deal actually...price match plus $64 for mount and balance on both tires.
Oh yeah, I agree. I was happy when I left. I knew they were good tires. I really didn't have much choice in the rear tire because when I bought the bike and got it home, I noticed something shiny staring at me from the back tire and lucky me....it was a nail....granted I had planned on putting tires on it soon anyway, but not this soon. I just didn't feel safe riding around on a rear tire with a nail in it of course....

Old 03-30-2010 | 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by bluerrchik
Oh yeah, I agree. I was happy when I left. I knew they were good tires. I really didn't have much choice in the rear tire because when I bought the bike and got it home, I noticed something shiny staring at me from the back tire and lucky me....it was a nail....granted I had planned on putting tires on it soon anyway, but not this soon. I just didn't feel safe riding around on a rear tire with a nail in it of course....
Nail in the tires..bummer...well at least you got a deal out of it. I've heard of ppl plugging their tires and all's well. But I dunno...something about being on 2 wheels, doing 100+, and sporting a plug in a tire....kinda makes me a lil nervous....

Old 03-30-2010 | 02:05 PM

i decided this year i'm doing my own tire mounts and balances. i got some motion-pro tire irons.
watched youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYa9EEG3rOM

got sticky weights and balanced with the axle and jack stands. no vibrations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Aui...eature=related

i won't be going back to the shop anytime soon

Old 03-30-2010 | 03:39 PM

Whats wrong with a plug in a tire? .. and no i don't need any lectures so save your fingers the flaming

Old 03-30-2010 | 05:09 PM

how long have you been riding on that tire since you plugged it? do you have any self imposed speed limits?

Old 03-30-2010 | 05:30 PM

Self-imposed speed limits.....LOL!

To cruise around town with a plug like that...u truly are the man

Old 03-30-2010 | 05:57 PM

$56 with the wheel still mounted on the bike? Honestly, that's a deal.

1 stealership wanted $50 per tire when I had the rims and new tires in the trunk. The other want $60 and I had to have an appointment!

Old 03-30-2010 | 07:01 PM

Around here where I live they want $30....and that's with me bringing in the wheel without it being on the bike

Quick Reply: Shop sucks!