F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive always rode my bikes with skate shoes..im terrible I know Currently wearing some DVS shoes, never really thought about biking shoes, always thought they would be a little bulky to slip under the shifter.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^That's not terrible. There's LOADS of reason why I myself don't have riding boots yet. Not a priority, no money, can't decide, etc.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i wear frye harness boots

Old 04-26-2010, 02:15 PM

I started riding with sneakers; felt nice and comfy, shoe laces catches the pegs, wind/air travels up the pants (I don’t like it), no protection.

Tried high cut boots; felt nice and comfy; shoe lace does not catch pegs often, wind/air travels up the pants (I don’t like it), some sort of protection.

Switched to riding boots, Dainese Torque Out; felt very nice and tight and comfy for riding but not for walking around, no wind/air travelling up your pants, and protection is superb.

I will not ride without a riding boots.

Name:  DaineseTorqueOutboot.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  12.9 KB

Old 04-26-2010, 02:46 PM

I wear adidas sneakers. Toby Mac to be more precise. Going on Wednesday to Royal Distributing for their big sale and just might get a pair of boots if they have any for cheap.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Good luck at Royal D. I heard great deals and the scratch card promo is a good way to get more discount.

Originally Posted by jondevos
I wear adidas sneakers. Toby Mac to be more precise. Going on Wednesday to Royal Distributing for their big sale and just might get a pair of boots if they have any for cheap.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Heylerds
Good luck at Royal D. I heard great deals and the scratch card promo is a good way to get more discount.
Thanks. Ya I bought a pair of alto ego riding pants at the Cookstown Royal last week for just over $100. Awesome deal. Ill let everyone know if they have any good deals on boots.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

yea i cruise around in my pink, blue, white, green, orange.... DC skate shoes lol at least they are leather i suppose....

Once i get money ide like to buy a nice pair of riding boots though

Old 04-26-2010, 03:26 PM

Have money for a motorcycle? Then you have money for boots.

NSFW Gore Image, but if you don't wear boots and ride, go to this link...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1228278657

Old 04-26-2010, 03:45 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by JEFF4i99
Have money for a motorcycle? Then you have money for boots.

NSFW Gore Image, but if you don't wear boots and ride, go to this link...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1228278657

As a matter of fact i dont... hence why its not done... dirka dur lol

I speak for alot of riders when I way we just all are safe riders and hope luck is on our side and realistically ide say more that 75% of riders dont have boots

but when the bike was together, i only ride in town where the fastest speed is 35 and its a continuous stop and go....

for me yes my feet are important but ill first invest in a Helmet, second a jacket, third gloves, fourth boots, and fifth some sort of leg protection...

thinking behind that it obvious....

your head is most vital, your upper torso has your vital organs, your hands are more important than your feet

yes your legs and feet are very nice to have but you can get on with life without them as well <--heaven forbid anyone loses them i dont wish that on anyone

yes i believe boots are a great thing to have but if i am to buy them i am going to buy a nice pair... and two i dont think i know anyone that would not ride their bike if they didnt not have any boots...

i am not one to suggest ignorant riding and going without gear but ide tell a person to get a good helmet, jacket, and set of gloves any day over someone who doesnt have the extra cash for some boots

just sayin

Last edited by __Z__; 04-26-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Shoes