F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken
I wear my racing boots every time on the bike. They offer the best protection from any crash, and I'm used to them.

At minimum, whatever you get, make it over the ankle. Tennis shoes will not do a damn thing to protect your feet / ankles.
Agreed. I wear my race boots every time I ride.. I once wrecked on my skateboard, hit the ground shoe came off I got all tore up. Imagine 55mph on a bike.. No thanks.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Smile Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice, after a little deliberation I've decided to go with ankle support - it may take getting used to but the protection just makes sense to me. Plus the shoe I'm about to order looks like it will be stylish and wearable casually.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/tcx-...-purpose-boot#

Old 04-25-2010, 06:25 PM

Enjoy the bones in your ankle and close area staying where they are?

Buy motorcycle boots. Helmet, boots, and gloves are 3 of the most important pieces of gear.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear Puma speedcats when I am just going around town or to the local coffeeshop. Not great for protection but meh.

If I am going for a ride in the twisties I wear either my Alpinestars SMX-5's or my old Alpinestars GP-techs.

For touring or long distance rides, I wear Alpinestars Octane riding boots.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think we can all agree that a set of boots like these will offer the most protection. Problem is they're not going to fit in well at dinner with my friends at McCormicks & Schmick's.

It's up to the rider to decide their level of comfort and protection while riding. They may choose a compromise between protection & comfort. Some of yall wear mesh & textile jackets don't ya? So long as the rider is aware the sacrificed protection should be balanced by sacrificing some of the bike's performance, then they should be ok.

A pair of shoes designed for motorcycle riding will beat a pair of these any day after all

Old 04-26-2010, 12:49 AM

Comfortable, stylish, protective. I can wear them all day and won't bother me.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Kurishio, we aren't all ballers like you and can afford Dainese :P However I plan on ordering my Sidi's this week if possible. I think they have a nice combination of looks, versatility and protection. I jlike the high top/boot look, but want something protective, yet functional that I can wear around.

Otherwise I'm wearing my Puma sneakers. Again, no protection, but it's comfortable, have lasted me three years, one of which riding, and are all leather with no perforation, so actually a decent in the rain for a pair of shoes.

Boredandstroked, I HATE when that happens, your pant leg gets caught in the slider and you have to do that 'dance' to get it unstuck.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Kurishio, we aren't all ballers like you and can afford Dainese :P
Lol if I were ballin I'd have gotten 2 pairs. They're doing double duty, subbing for my Tims

Those Pumas look pretty good for protection sans Power Ranger look.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Kuroshio

I think we can all agree that a set of boots like these will offer the most protection. Problem is they're not going to fit in well at dinner with my friends at McCormicks & Schmick's.

It's up to the rider to decide their level of comfort and protection while riding. They may choose a compromise between protection & comfort. Some of yall wear mesh & textile jackets don't ya? So long as the rider is aware the sacrificed protection should be balanced by sacrificing some of the bike's performance, then they should be ok.

A pair of shoes designed for motorcycle riding will beat a pair of these any day after all
I LOVE those boots wish i had the money for a pair... lol they remind me of this show

Old 04-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
I wear my racing boots every time on the bike. They offer the best protection from any crash, and I'm used to them.

At minimum, whatever you get, make it over the ankle. Tennis shoes will not do a damn thing to protect your feet / ankles.
+1 I wear my boots all the time. Mine are also waterproof, which provides a little extra comfort in the event of freak showers. (it happens in florida) Commuting, free riding, riding to the store. I always put them on. ATGATT.

Quick Reply: Shoes