F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Shift Riding Jeans

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha lowridese that isn't me in that picture i was just showing how worthless jeans are for proteaction when you take a spill.

IF i get leather pants in definately going ***-less, cowboy style. ITS COOL GUYS!

The knee pads i use are FOX motorcross guards. Got them for 5$ at a yard sale brand new! You can't even tell when im wearing them under my jeans. they don't slide around, are comfortable to wear for long periods and i won't look like the guy in the pic above if i decide to kiss the pavement one day.

Just keep looking through www.ride2die.com and you'll never leave home without gear again.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I Can't Sell Because I'm Hardheaded

dito, I rock fox knee pads... personally don't know how they will hold up in a wreck... i'll have to go purposely wreck my pocket bike one day to find out...

Old 06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMMIT I hate checking Revzilla! Yall talking about shin / knee pads got me trying to find out the difference between bmx vs street pads. So I hopped over to check them out and saw they just added

Forcefield Pro Pants

I had asked them why they didn't carry any full length armor and suggested this. Now I'm gonna have to go buy a pair. Not for everyday street use. For longer trips.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mk2mike
dito, I rock fox knee pads... personally don't know how they will hold up in a wreck... i'll have to go purposely wreck my pocket bike one day to find out...

Old 06-18-2010, 05:35 PM

Jus remember underpants like that help for impact, but not for abrasion resistance. I know a lot of people think leather pants are for Village People impersonators, but take a look at the Joe Rocket Pro Street pants. I have these leathers, and seriously there freggin awesome. There boot cut, and go over the top of your boots (you wear boots right ?). My Sidi's fight under them without a problem, plus they have CE approved armor in the knees, and shins as well as padding in the hips for impact resistance. Did I mention there leather ? lol....They are super comfortable, and they do breathe a bit. It has been just shy of 100 degrees here over the last few days with like 1000% humidity, and I'm not sayin I'm not hot, but it's bareable. I wear at all times a Scorpion Exo-400 Helmet, Scorpion "All In" leather jacket, Scorpion "Magnum" gloves, Joe Rocket pants, and Sidi Vertigos. Jus the way I like to ride, and not the way I think everyone else should, but good gear does save lives.....

Old 06-18-2010, 05:44 PM

Yeah, I know the Forcefield pants aren't supposed to provide any abrasion protection. Of course they will, being another layer between the street and your skin. But they'll prolly shred a little slower than a heavy t-shirt (if its the armor your sliding on).

I was looking at those to wear under some riding jeans tho. Figure for some mild trips, the two combined will be sufficient. Twisties or track, I'm gonna want something that attaches to my jacket's zipper. Like these from Dainese:

But honestly, for that investment I need to be hitting the Poconos every weekend

Old 06-18-2010, 05:49 PM

Ah the Poconos..... Haven't heard that in god knows how many years. I grew up in Jersey on the shore, and later lived really close to you accross the bridge in Mt. Laurel, NJ. I suppose any extra layers of protection puts you one step ahead of the d-bag wearing flip flops, shorts, and a wife beater !! Does PA have a helmet law ?

Old 06-18-2010, 07:03 PM

Err... Yes and No. Permits must wear a helmet at all times. New licenses must wear a helmet the first year... except if you take a MSF course. Then you can go lidless as soon as you finish the course and pass

Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM

Thats a weird one !! Indiana doesn't have a helmet law, but Jersey did. I dunno I figure the least I could do to try, and preserve my life is where my lid lol.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:19 AM

I'm an all the gear all the time type --- I ride in the same gear on the street as I do on the track.

I highsided coming out of corner 11 last weekend between 60 and 120 mph probably about 80mph. I was wearing GP2 boots and gloves, shark helmet, and 1pc leathers... I slid a pretty good distance, the bike got 10-12' of air before landing 30' down the track.

My injuries? One broken finger.

Seriously good gear will save your *** -- and anyone can have an accident. Wet leaves, sand in a corner, a left turning car.

If I had of been wearing jeans and a t-shirt I'd still be in hospital, dripping morphine and begging to be let go.

Seriously - wear your gear - and buy the best gear you can possibly buy.

Quick Reply: Shift Riding Jeans