F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

she still seeps oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she still seeps oil

Well no luck with the repair, i discovered that the engine casing was broke and that's why the bolt didnt catch and tighten. About half of the casing is broken off leaving half of the bolt exposed. I tried fixing this by throwing a longer bolt through than using a nut to tighten it on the other side. Still no luck it still leaks out of the broken casing. I dont know what to do, even though its only a wee bit of seepage which accumlates about a drop of oil in one and a half week it still bothers me cause i cant do anything about it! im thinking about just putting black RTV sealent into the area of the broken casing, and around the outside of the bolt maybe that'll help if not im probably going to sell the bike i have a 2005 kawasaki 636 waiting in my garage to be used. The only problem is i dont know how much money i can get for the cbr i spent about 3500 dollars on it. And looking to get atleast 2900! i dont wanna tell them about the broken casing, but than i dont wanna be a jerk. i wanna fix that damn thing! how about paint? or if i solder a new casing on lol!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:05 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Well no luck with the repair, i discovered that the engine casing was broke and that's why the bolt didnt catch and tighten. About half of the casing is broken off leaving half of the bolt exposed. I tried fixing this by throwing a longer bolt through than using a nut to tighten it on the other side. Still no luck it still leaks out of the broken casing. I dont know what to do, even though its only a wee bit of seepage which accumlates about a drop of oil in one and a half week it still bothers me cause i cant do anything about it! im thinking about just putting black RTV sealent into the area of the broken casing, and around the outside of the bolt maybe that'll help if not im probably going to sell the bike i have a 2005 kawasaki 636 waiting in my garage to be used. The only problem is i dont know how much money i can get for the cbr i spent about 3500 dollars on it. And looking to get atleast 2900! i dont wanna tell them about the broken casing, but than i dont wanna be a jerk. i wanna fix that damn thing! how about paint? or if i solder a new casing on lol!
I will make you a deal. I will give you my f4i that doesnt leak any oil at all. Plus I will take that Kawasaki off your hands for free. Deal?

Old 06-12-2010, 08:06 PM

haha no freakin way. that kawi is awesome!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:15 PM
June 2011 ROTM

It was worth a shot.
I bet the RTV would work. That stuff is indestructible. I used to work in the aerospace industry and we would use RTV all the time. If its good enough for Jet engines im sure it would be ok on your honda motorcycle.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:18 PM

Fixing a problem is not as much fun as blowing it up.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by KdubyaH
It was worth a shot.
I bet the RTV would work. That stuff is indestructible. I used to work in the aerospace industry and we would use RTV all the time. If its good enough for Jet engines im sure it would be ok on your honda motorcycle.
I have black RTV as a gasket and it doesnt leak from there! acually oil only seeps out when i push the motorcycle hard, im guessing because the pressure is high. Im going to apply black RTV around the broken casing and go from their. Acually someone already had this problem before me because i can see a weld around that broken casing. Would pictures help?

Old 06-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seal blew hmm. Sure you don't have back pressure issues causing the crank case to get high pressure blowing seals up? Or is this the only seal that's bad?

Old 06-12-2010, 11:42 PM

The only area where oil seep is where its pointed to with the black line.

Right now its not acually dripping oil, but i can see the bolt get oily after about 3 rides in front of the bolt and behind it. And if i put a paper towel into the area right under the bolt the paper towel gets wet with oil.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:53 PM

have you try jb weld,

Old 06-13-2010, 12:07 AM

Good Freakin idea!!!!!! im going to try that tomorrow!! do you know where i can get the hand kneadable type? so i can push it into the crack!