F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

She Breathes Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She Breathes Again!!

Well long story short im new to the forum made 1 topic intro myself and basically i downed my bike in sept... stupid dealership said 6g worth of dmg... well after only 600 bucks and lots of time she breathes and runs agian... i took her around the block at least 30 times... all she needs now is a front upper cowl and fairings... pics will come soon of my right now cyborg looking bike as my dad calls it... but im just happy shes back and running!!

Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Banned
Default RE: She Breathes Again!!

New rider? Get sliders NOW!!! Fairings suck, my next bike is gonna be naked.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 AM

sounds good. the dealer probably said 6g because they would probably replace the fairings with all new OEM fairings, theres 3k right there..haha

Get some good quality fairings from ebay, i hear some of them are near OEM quality these days. SLIDERS SLIDERS SLIDERS!!! i got them before i even rode my new f4i. I learned my lesson on my f3. keep her rubber side down from now on

Old 01-07-2009, 12:31 PM

Sounds to me you need more than sliders. Possibly MSF Course? And more experience. 80% of all accidents are due to inexperienced riders. Good luck on fixing up your bike. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went down already Steve? Damn [sm=yikesomg.gif].......
E-bay has a buttload of fairing sets for sale,check it out[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 01-08-2009, 09:17 PM

lol yea i did go down...brought the bike in march... go really cocky come sept...road with some stupid riders who think getting to the beach in 12 min is a good thing...considering when i take my vette down and have fun it takes an hour... but yea i saw another bike and jumped on it... got cut off...jumped on brakes and yup got thrown off straight foward...and i did take the MSF course...they dont teach you the stuff at 80 mph...plus when you see a big ol mini van in front of you you tend to just try to figure out a way to save your life... figured braking as much as i can instead of heading straight into a mini van worked...

SLIDERS!!! YES i need them lol... im salvaging the body panals and just trying to get upper cowl and front fender...im repaiting it all soo it dont matter on color... and i wont be riding like a fricken moron anymore... learned my lesson... human vs route 1....route 1 will always win!!