F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

screwy....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default screwy....

So I want to get red screws for the fairings and windscreen. Eventually i want to put red screws throughout the bike, pretty much swapping out any screws that are visible to be red. Reason being, everything is going to end up painted black, or powdered metallic black. I want the red to pop off the paint. I have looked around and haven't really found a place that has a full "kit" of screws in red.

Anyone know a place to go? I will be doing it in stages since I don't know how to disassemble the bike fully, I can just do the fairings and windscreens right now. Hopefully I can hook up with someone from Chicago to help get me through a "re-build" when I paint the frame and sub and add the red screws then.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Default RE: screwy....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Bl...spagenameZWDVW

Check ebay man. just seach by ANODIZED nuts bolts screws and you will find what you need and that link will but you in the right direction

Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 PM

here is the red you were lookin for http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Re...ayphotohosting

Old 06-18-2007, 06:35 PM

try http://www.bikebolts.com/Products/Fairing_Bolt_Kits.htm. ive heard lots of good things about this place and they give you all the bolts you need for the entire bike that are visible. hope that helps!
________
Ipad cases

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Registered Users

thanks, I am going to check all them out, I let you know what i find....

Old 06-19-2007, 01:23 AM

i ordered the black magic bolts from bikebolts.com. it came pretty quick, and they look sick. can't wait to put them on the bike i just got painted black. the full kit came with all the bolts and directions.......with pictures, so even i can't screw it up.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:04 AM

Just a head's up... I ordered from bikebolts.com. Yes, they're cheap... BUT you do get what you pay for.

Things I didn't like was
1. The diagram where all the bolts go to is inaccurate in some areas. Some areas where it says there's bolts, there are really none there... etc.
2. The hex key you use to take off the bolts are a lot smaller than the original fairing screws.
3. The layer of paint or whatever it is around the screws scrape off really easily and the screws strip easily.
4. Order got messed up a little... they sent way more washers than I had screws. Each screw size is packaged into seperate mini ziploc bags and have a sticker indicating how much should be in each bag. I counted each set and some were really off. E-mailed bikebolts and told them what I was short of and what extras I have and they immediately sent in more screws of what I was missing. Did not ask for the extras back or anything. Great customer support!

Overall, it's cheap and I wouldn't mind buying it again. It still looks good anyway!