F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Save me

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Save me

I visited a couple of dealerships...and I have come down to the conclusion that salesman don't know anything about motorcycles. The guy there recommended that i should get a 1000 to start on because after a little while on a 600 i will want to get a bigger bike. I told him that I was thinking about getting an f4i and that it was a first bike...he then recommended that i get a 600rr because f4i's are too slow...he also said i should get a gsxr 600 for comfort....What the HELL?

Oh and he also said that a couple of days ago, his friend let him ride his 1000rr...this was the first time that he had ever rode a bike on the streets, no license, no msf....he said he did 165.... So pretty much anything he said after that I ignored because he is an idiot

Old 10-22-2006, 12:41 AM

A motorcycle salesman with no motorcycle of his own, eh? Sounds like good business. Would you trust someone who doesn't use what he endorses? And no way in hell is a gsxr600 more comfortable than anything out there, except maybe a kawi zx6r.

Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Retired Moderator

Jordan, you need to go back to that motorcycle shop and punch that salesman in the face. That is the most backward, cockeyed, misinformation since the cold war (anyone here old enough to remember the cold war?). Many veterans on this forum will tell you a 600 F4i is too much bike to start on. Why would the race inspired RR or a 1000 cc make more sense? Also, thr Gixxer having more comfortable ergos...I am not 100% but very confident that the only other sportbike that would be more comfortable than the F4i would be Yamaha's YZF 600R. As far as the F4i being too slow, here are some numbers from motorcyclist mag: 599 cc, 95.5(hp), 1/4 mile 10.71 seconds @ 126.7 mph. I think that is enough power and speed to be deadly. It is the bike I am starting on, and it is more than dangerous, so if you get it or another 600, please be vigilant in wearing your gear, riding safely (the things you learn at MSF), and read voraciously (go to Amazon and search motorcycle safety or riding techniques). Good luck and get the F4i.[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 PM

I visited a couple of dealerships...and I have come down to the conclusion that salesman don't know anything about motorcycles. The guy there recommended that i should get a 1000 to start on because after a little while on a 600 i will want to get a bigger bike. I told him that I was thinking about getting an f4i and that it was a first bike...he then recommended that i get a 600rr because f4i's are too slow...he also said i should get a gsxr 600 for comfort....What the HELL?

Oh and he also said that a couple of days ago, his friend let him ride his 1000rr...this was the first time that he had ever rode a bike on the streets, no license, no msf....he said he did 165.... So pretty much anything he said after that I ignored because he is an idiot

what plannet of apes he came from????[>:]

and on sharring the bike that is not suggested from experience but my was with that car never worked out

Old 10-28-2006, 01:42 AM

Now he thinks he wants a r6....I don't know what to do

Old 10-28-2006, 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator

An R6 is an awesome machine. There was just a shootout in Sportrider between the F4i, R6, Gixxer, Buell, and Ducati, and the R6 six was voted best overall with the Honda 2nd. I think it is great but less comfortable...not a bad choice, though.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:07 PM

I think your brother is getting into this for the squidly "I want to look cool" factor. No matter what bike you're on cept maybe like a '87 250 something you're going to look cool. He's just looking at pictures and saying oh that one looks cool I think I want that because I can get the most chicks with it. /shrug I also say get your own bike. Insurance will go through the roof if you share a bike too.

Mike

Old 10-28-2006, 02:36 PM

I agree with the advice above,
There are two issues, firstly the sharing, and secondly the selection of what bike.

I have a brother, just one, its just me and him and I love him, and I would share any number of things
with him, a sandwich, a beer etc. But a motorcycle, nooooo way. A new motorcycle, not a chance. Once
you get into riding you'll probably want to ride together, and you WILL fall in love with your bike, no question
and the last thing you'll ever want to see is someone else, brother or not, riding off on it.

As for the selection, well, you're on a CBR forum so expect some bias, but.....quality and reliability are great things !
Get the Honda and don't go ANY bigger than 600cc. I've had my 600, my first bike, for 6 months and an
very careful on it, but a healthy fear/respect of the throttle is a good thing. Any honda 600 will be fast as hell.

Good luck, and enjoy YOUR bike.
Chris

Old 10-28-2006, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: cjp48

I have a brother, just one, its just me and him and I love him, and I would share any number of things
with him, a sandwich, a beer etc. But a motorcycle, nooooo way. A new motorcycle, not a chance. Once
you get into riding you'll probably want to ride together, and you WILL fall in love with your bike, no question
and the last thing you'll ever want to see is someone else, brother or not, riding off on it.
Yea my brother and I are are really close too. We have talked a lot about riding together but I donno. I think he is getting into the sport for a different reason than I am. I have wanted a motorcycle since I've been 5. I have been talking so much about it recently and now he wants to get into it. This kind of scares me at the same time too. I don't want anything happening to him and then I feel that I was the reason it happened. But yea I want my own bike but I mean I'll get this bike after he graduates this May. So I don't really know what to do?