F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Save me

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Save me

Hey...I've posted here before about my interest in the cbr600f4i but here is an update....i've been thinking about getting a bike for years now and it is looking like it finally might happen. Well I have been talking to my family about it and while doing so I got my brother hooked on motorcycles too. We go to the same college (he is a senior and I am a freshman). We have decided that we want to get a bike for this year, share it until he graduates, and then I will take full control of it. from there on This sounds like a good plan right? The problem is that he wants to get a GSXR600 and I would prefer a f4i because I have heard better things about it. This will be both of ours first bike, but each of us have ridden in parking lots and felt comfortable. BUT, what can I tell him to convince him that an f4i would be a better bike for us?

Old 10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Default RE: Save me

Oh and by the way...I go to school in VA, so the riding season is nearly year round

Old 10-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Retired Administrator

The F4 will last longer. If you're rough on them. The gsx shares the same thing as mustangs and ********... everyone has one.

That being said... everyone has one for a reason, so they can't be that bad of a bike. Plus rumor has it that Suzuki financing does not require you to have full coverage.

I just moved from VA… riding was year around for me.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't do it...your bro will crash the bike...trust me on this...get your own...used F4i...

your bro is about show...and he knows not how to go! rhyming...G

Old 10-19-2006, 03:18 PM

gixxers are suzuki made--IE: made of duct tape and ****. held together with twist ties......honda makes a SOLID BIKE. if for nothing else compre it to the car lines.....sure your buying a bike annd not a car, but HONESTLY would you WANT to drive one of the "many" "wonderful" models that suzuki offers? do you think that maybe there is a reason that nobody buys their cars.....they suck (unreliable and break down OFTEN). honda is a name brand and with that will hold up SO much better, not to mention they are MUCH cheaper to fix because trust me you or your brother WILL fall. i don't care how careful and how good of a rider you are, one of you WILL fall, just remember that when buying gear its not IF but WHEN you go down

Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Brothers, huh? Gonna "share" the bike, huh? You are asking for trouble! Tahoe is right, there may be an accident and you will inherit a messed up bike, but even more, sharing a bike would be like sharing a vagina. You will want it all to yourself, be envious of the other one's time, and the bible says you shall not covet. Don't be a sinner, and get your own bike! Tell your brother God said so. If he doesn't go for it, tell him an F4i is mandatory!

Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 PM

don't do it. buy your own bike, preferably a honda. the gixxers are nice off the showroom floor, but you can expect 15,000 miles then a top end rebuild if you beat on it.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Brothers, huh? Gonna "share" the bike, huh? You are asking for trouble! Tahoe is right, there may be an accident and you will inherit a messed up bike, but even more, sharing a bike would be like sharing a vagina. You will want it all to yourself, be envious of the other one's time, and the bible says you shall not covet. Don't be a sinner, and get your own bike! Tell your brother God said so. If he doesn't go for it, tell him an F4i is mandatory!
That was worth reading the whole post.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Haha...I like that analogy...any other suggestions?

Quick Reply: Save me