F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Running too cold? + why do I want more power/a newer bike

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running too cold? + why do I want more power/a newer bike

Hey Guise. Well tonight it was in the 60's here in Arizona (yes it gets down that low) and while cruising my bike would hover around 172-174. Is this too cold?

After going to the Pavillions car/bike show and seeing 50+ bikes, everything from 2010 100RR's to 1098 Ducati's every type/cc and year bike..I am starting to feel underpowered and outdated with my F4i Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this bike, but when you live in a location where there are amazing bikes EVERYWHERE, you start feeling like your 600F4i isn't cutting it. I don't know if it's that a 2001 just seems old or if I want more power? I think it's both actually. A 2007+ 600RR would satisfy both. I don't know...I mean I just love this F4i, but everytime I go to these shows I feel like its time for something new/modern and a bit quicker. I mean the materials and technology they use on modern RR's just make me feel like my F4i is an old grandpa! Do any of you guise feel this way at times?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:54 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i think thats called being a human being, u always want more, even if u had soem crazy amazing ducati u still can find something to top it.

if u want a new bike that bad tho just get one. i doubt the f4i will kill u in your sleep.

and yes your bike should be fine at that temperature. its made to keep itself in proper operating temperature. obviously sometimes things break but on an f4i they usually dont

but for real man, im not trying to be a jerk to you or anything so please dont take this the wrong way, but please get a new bike. its not that hard to do. and if your f4i depresses you then do it. youve had quite a few threads asking others if they feel the way u do about their f4is to be honest, all the guys i know with f4is want to be happy with them, even tho there are better bikes, they r all just bikes

Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 AM

Anytime I ride a different bike I ask myself...
would I rather have bike like this, or would only make a good addition to the collection??

Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll meet ya at pavs one night soon. You can come out with us on an airport run. Once you see what my f4i will do to most bikes in the group you won't be feeling so under gunned anymore. Or come down to wilcox the weekend of 23/24 for the track days. Last may at firebird I ran west track. On the back strait I would pass every single 600 and older 750's.

As for your temps, no thats how low it goes when it can. It won't be below 170 though.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:14 PM

Vangill-Thanks ya I know it must be annoying to hear me talking about getting an 07 RR in a few different posts. I guess I post these things bc I am looking for direction and for someone to convince me that an 07+RR is a whole different, and better beast. Like I said, I love my F4i and yes it is fast..I think the only way I can settle this is to actually ride an 07+RR. Problem is, its impossible to do. No dealership or private owner is going to let me just test ride their bike. You hit the nail on the head, it is about being a human being...and about how the grass is always greener

boredandstroked-throw me a pm next time your headed up there, I was there last night

Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't you just start riding earlier this year?

Upgrade the rider, not the bike.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM

i feel the same about upgrading, i love the **** out of my f4i but i just love the looks of a 07+600. I mostly want to get one for resale cause i know the f4i's dont have much. Ive had my bike up for sale for a while just for ****s and giggles and havent heard a peep.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Hey noober, what you're feeling is what you're supposed to feel. Every time I read the latest Sport Rider or Cycle World I find myself saying "Ooh, I want one of those!" If you've only been riding for a year or two I guarantee your f4i has more performance than you are able to use. Go to a few track days. Take a rider improvement class that puts you on the track and you'll find that your f4i is no slouch. If you get spanked it's because you were out-ridden, not out-gunned.
Or go buy a new bike and then next year go buy another, and another, and..... Eventually you'll figure out that envy is a wicked mistress.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM

just kind of bored of the banana seat look, yes i know its more comfortable etc.. but by the time i spend the money to do the seat conversion and such i could have just bought a nice rr.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
July 2010 ROTM

if your ever up in arkansas u can ride my rr, if you understand that if it gets wrecked u fix it-which im sure you would

Quick Reply: Running too cold? + why do I want more power/a newer bike