F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Run down attempt with Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Run down attempt with Ferrari

Around where I live a Corvette Z06 is a big deal, so when I passed a new Ferrari F430 on a little 2 lane road I had to turn around to investigate. Long story short after about a mile he made a left turn at the last stop sign before the long stretch of road out to the county line. He took off and I took off right behind him. About a half-mile later we came to the first real turn and I looked down to see I was doing about 130 and tach'n about 12,500. I never caught back up as most of those turns are full of dips and patched asphalt and at the first turn I had that "I'm about to go flying" feeling. Not bad for $4,500 purchase vs. $200,000 purchase.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Run down attempt with Ferrari

theres an Aston Vanquish in my town. That tool tries to race me every time he sees me. No suprise i take him every time.

you are in a completely different realm of fast.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:35 PM

bikes beat cars everytime simple math cars get bikes off the line because of stability but once that bike hits the sweet spot the cars gone. lol

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 PM

off the line? ****... i have never had a damn person beat me off the line. Maybe they are getting bad launches?

I don't exactly get what you mean stability? once that rear wheel starts turning you are perfectly stable. Gyroscopic effect, your bike will stay upright as your bike is propelled forward and since most 600s dont have torque till 6k-7k your front wheel most likely wont lift that much or lift at all to slow you down...

I have never heard of a car beating a bike off the line.. maybe thats just me though

Old 09-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

possible repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeP0_aLvc0I
some evidence

Old 09-22-2008, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: ampfp

possible repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeP0_aLvc0I
some evidence
Damn that's really cool. That was a really close race too. Both the driver and rider were pushing the hell out of those things.

And back to the OP, keeping up with a bike from a roll is easier for modded cars from a roll thana launch. The odds of running into one, let alone one that wants to race is slim to none. And F430's are sick cars!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM

Racing on a track is one thing but the Ferrari guy would beat me down this road everytime since, as I mentioned, this particular road (like many) is full of patched holes and uneven asphalt. Not to mention dirt and gravel at intersections, grass clippings from peoples yards, etc. If Ferrari guy puts a wheel onto a bad spot on the road he has 3 more fat tireswith traction control to safely find grip, if I put a wheel into a pot hole or frost bump at 100 mph, I die. Plus its a lot easier for a girl to suck you d*ck while driving the Ferrari than when on the F4i. I guess I'll start saving up for my Ferrari.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:23 PM

you just need to find more flexible women

and regardless. Off the line. Unless you are rolling into a pot hole 3 feet in front of you. He wont stand a chance.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:40 PM

sounds like fun d00d

i dont have many cars attempt **** when i'm riding.. cept running me off the road etc...

Old 09-22-2008, 03:42 PM

You guys are nuts, that car will go 200mph, you better believe it's gonna beat your little cbr all day long. Also, about the aston vanquish, he'll waste you too!

Those things go 0-60 in 4 seconds....and if that doesn't beat you (bikes do about 3.5), then just wait till he gets going 204mph. Then you'll be seeing his tail......

Unless you got a busa these cars will win going down the road....the launch is the only time you'll be winning.

Quick Reply: Run down attempt with Ferrari