F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

road rage incident, do I let it go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: road rage incident, do I let it go?

then id have no choice but to resort back to the whole shotgun holster idea hahahha

Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 PM

Not sure leaving your helmet on would be a good idea. Thiers a good handle in the front near your chin. Guy gets a hold on that and he can put you where he wants. keep the gloves though.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: f4ijunkie

then id have no choice but to resort back to the whole shotgun holster idea hahahha

hahah.. do I smell a "how-to" write-up?

Old 10-29-2007, 08:00 PM

You definitely took the high road, and that's commendable. Don't let it get to you; odds are you'll never see the guy again in your life.

I ride predominantly in a pretty big city, and there are some terrible drivers in certain areas - especially the one section that's kind of an asian enclave, with a lot of mainland Chinese drivers with little to no experience driving (I'm not racist; google "bad richmond drivers" and you'll see what I'm talking about). Its totally an exercise in self restraint; lanesplitting and commutinghere is kind of like yoga; you just have to kind of detach your mind from everything else and focus on the traffic. That being said, while I'm not much into e-thuggery, my city-riding gloves have stainless steel knuckles and I always wear Sidi Vertigo Corsa boots with metal reinforcements...quite a few cars around here have large dents in the doors, or are missing drivers' side mirrors (hey, if I've taken it, its probably because they weren't using it anyway).

Old 10-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Um, this is the first thing that pops up when I googled "bad richmond drivers"
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports...0-16-0064.html

I know Richmond drivers suck, try it on two wheels without a motor. Lane splitting is illegal in VA and no one expects it, why is it any surprise your driving tactics don't jive with those of your surroundings?

Old 10-30-2007, 01:57 AM

Richmond, 'suburb' of Vancouver, BC. Sorry, forgot about the one in VA.

To give you a sample...

I don't go through often, but I have a friend that works for Suzuki Canada, the head of their marine division. He's a former racer/pit crew guy, and has the garage to die for. Was heading there to help install brake lines on another friends' new R6. Heading down the main commercial boulevard, 4 lanes....about two car lengths ahead of me is an asian chick that I notice seems confused, so I'm keeping my distance. Sure enough, she gets on the brakes, about 60 feet from an intersection. She stops...in the left lane. No signaling to turn, light is green, traffic all around, and she's sitting there, both hands on the wheel, doing nothing. Traffic is going by on the right, grass median on the left. I ride past, squeezing between cars, stop along side, and slap her passenger window, and she just stares at me.

Not five minutes after, same thing, different car. Comes to a complete stop, nowhere near an intersection, no cars ahead. I jam the brakes, look right, get in the lane, and go by making a pathetic attempt to kick the door.

These are far from isolated incidents; every time I ride through the area, I wonder if I'm going to make it.