Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My little road rage incident- a good story

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My little road rage incident- a good story

So I'm cruising along at about 65 down a back road and some jerk pulls out in front of me coming into some twisties and leaving me about 60 yards to slow down. Ok what ever soI take the next couple of turns at his speed (a little less than 20mph) andI'm following him about 15-20 feet back. Well the road straightens out and I go to pass him (unpainted road). This is where I got super pissed. The pulling out in front of me wasnt that bad but when this m-f'er tried to run me off the road I saw red[:@]. I dropped it a couple of gears and hauled *** out of there but not without waving the one finger goodbye. So about a mile down the road I'm waiting to turn right onto a relatively busy road (still in the country, but a main travel route nonetheless) and the ******* flies up behind me, slams on his brakes and lays on the horn. By now I've already cooled off a little andI walk my bike back next to his van to try to talk to him and apologize and talk to him about pulling out in front of bikers. Well he took this as his cue to get out of his van. I put my side stand down in case he comes around and tries to push me. Im still straddling my bike in order to make a quick escape ifI need to. I dont wan't to start **** mostly because I'm riding unsupervised on a learners permit because I haven't had time to take my road test. Well he comes over and we have a little yelling match and I can smell beer on his breath. Once I realized there was no getting through to this guy I put my stand up and got out of there. GRRR.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: My little road rage incident- a good story

Better then i would have done. If i smelled booze i woulda knocked him the F*** out on the spot and threw his keys in the ditch.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:59 PM

No ****. I would have got his plates and called him in atleast.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:07 PM
RCR

Ya did the right thing. After all you would of got a thanks for keeping him off the road while the officer is handing you your ticket.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:09 PM

You handled that pretty well, I dont know if i could have done the same. especially if someone tried to run me off the road, i would have been boiling

Old 08-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably just had been drinking, playing the banjo & bonking his sister. You did the right thing.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Once someone has tried to run you off the road on your bike then the talking is done ... there is nothing to say and no reasoning to be had, the guy for whatever reason is a crazy ..or boozed up on drink and drugs and therefore needs avoiding at all costs ..what if he had come at you with a knife or a gun?? ..sorry but you should have just gotten out of there as fast and safe as possible, reporting his plate to the police if you got it.

Please, the guy tried to run you off the road ... I dont know about you but thats attempted murder in my book ... the time for talking is done ..

If you guys are on a bike and the nutter is in a car then theres no engaging to be done ..there is only the potential for you to be run off the road and hurt or killed ... you dont know who or what you are dealing with, they might have guns or knives and be looking for any excuse ..get out of there and stop somewhere very public if possible .. to sum up

if you are on the bike ... LET IT GO!!

Jules

Old 08-12-2008, 01:52 AM

damn jules thats good advice. i need a girl like you to reason for me. lol. i wish i had that ability but when **** like that happens the male ego in me kicks in and the rest is all pride

Old 08-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: jp_greenville13

damn jules thats good advice. i need a girl like you to reason for me. lol. i wish i had that ability but when **** like that happens the male ego in me kicks in and the rest is all pride
Unfortunately thats what gets you guys killed ... when you are on a bike, forget ego, forget pride, forget anger ... ride to survive only, theres no other way!!

Take care out there .. you are very young ...

Jules

Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 AM

I probably woulda let my helmet meet his face. you did very well in my book.

Jules, nobody thinks about this stuff untill it is usually to late..sounds like he wanted to make amends with this guy. this d-bag had other plans.

Quick Reply: My little road rage incident- a good story