F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

riding two up

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: riding two up

wow no one has made a fat joke yet I'm suprised!

Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 PM

im not fat im 154 @ 5"9 and she is 125 @ 4"11 so neither of us are fat

Old 07-02-2007, 04:37 AM

I'm still trying to ponder how someone at 4'11" will make your ride so uncomfortable. With that size i'll probably keep my left hand around her back to keep her close and makesure she don't fall off ... j/k.

Seriously, her small size might just mean a tighter grip on you.Check outthe link below, you might be able to get some tips on riding that might make it easier for you.

https://cbrforum.com/m_290590/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

she has enormous implants that are always pressing against my back.

ok its time to start a "here's my wife/GF on my bike" thread.......LOL

Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 AM

i sold my f4i for an '07 gixxer 750-
what the hell does this have to do with this thread?!

As for the numb hands, I get that even when riding by myself as I think I grip the bars to tight and tend to lean on my arms/bars to much. Try thicker gloves and sitting more upright.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM

When braking tell her to put her hands on the tank to brace herself, and remove rings she's wearing so it doesn't scratch the paint.
While cruising she doesn't need to be leaning into you hard.
Use your knees and thighs to grip the tank tight so you can relieve pressure on your grip and your wrists and elbows shouldn't be locked but comfortably loose.

I rode two up for the first time this weekend..but I have the book "Total Control" which has a section on riding two up.

It went well, except stalling out once when not compensating for the extra weight and lack of torque from the motor....and getting used to the huge_mongous stopping distances.

We had to park in a big parking garage with a steep spiraling entrance to get to the upper level and I told her to just get off since I didn't want to lose balance since she was unpredictably weighting herself.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:03 AM

not to be rude or anything I appreciate everyones input and suggestions but I've been riding for over 5 yrs and have had a passanger on my oldgsxr and it was nothing like this, I know how to ride with a passanger and how they have to use the tank and everything, I was just wondering maybe if her height is an issue cause my ex was like an inch taller and she rode on the gsxr all the time w/o a problem. And I heard the f4i was one of the most comortable bikes out there for riding two up and I honestly cant ride with the girl on back for more than 15 minutes before having to stop. I can ride for hours w/o a passenger and everything is fine. Its just no matter what I do/tell her/position her/ or myself it allways happens.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i dont THINK an 1" height difference would make a drastic difference in how comfortable or uncomfortable the ride is for either of you. im not trying to tell you how to ride, or that you dont know how to.......as you've said you have XXXX amounts of experience/years riding. maybe, its possible you're unconciously gripping harder, elbows locked.......and so on while she's on there. maybe you're doing it and not really noticing it. idk, just trying to lend a helping hand.....

Old 07-03-2007, 08:40 AM

I notice kinda the same thing with a passenger. I recently had my seat modified to stop her from sliding forward, also she puts her hand on the tank during braking. Even with all of that, it is still a small problem. Then again, she has enormous implants that are always pressing against my back.
I hate to see a fellow biker in pain, especially pain inflicted by implants!!!! If you like you can drop off your girlfriend at my place for a few hours while you recover from your numbness. I will make sure she is well cared for and that all her needs are met.

Just joking!

Old 07-04-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: sleukem

I notice kinda the same thing with a passenger. I recently had my seat modified to stop her from sliding forward, also she puts her hand on the tank during braking. Even with all of that, it is still a small problem. Then again, she has enormous implants that are always pressing against my back.
I hate to see a fellow biker in pain, especially pain inflicted by implants!!!! If you like you can drop off your girlfriend at my place for a few hours while you recover from your numbness. I will make sure she is well cared for and that all her needs are met.

Just joking!

Really?! You would do that for me? Wow you guys are so amazing here, allways trying to help a fellow rider out.Thanks man

Quick Reply: riding two up