F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding with Perscription glasses, and a helmet..

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding with Perscription glasses, and a helmet..

Ok so i wear perscription glasses, and im not a big fan of touching my eye with contacts. Im just curious if any riders out there wear their glasses with their helmet. And if so, how do you go about doing so?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Default RE: Riding with Perscription glasses, and a helmet..

Im aslo not a fan of contacts so Im forced to ride with glasses all the time. Its not much of an issue for me, its just once in a while you have to tilt them back toward the bridge of the nose cause they slide off.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 AM

so do you put your helmet on first, then slide your glasses on? Cuz that was a pain in the butt for me when i was riding my buddy's bike with his helmet.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I absolutely HATE riding with my glasses on. I always wear my contacts whenever I can. Glasses are a PITA, especially if they're not the tightest fitting, then they just bounce all around, which in turn makes the road and everything else bounce all around too, lol. Then they fog up real bad in cooler weather, always gotta take them on and off with the helmet.... an overall PITA. But if you don't want to wear contacts, it's the only way I guess.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^+1 Hate riding w/ glasses. [:'(]
I ride with sunglasses once in a while, but have to slide on after helmet is on.
Very hard to readjust when they slide off w/ gloves on especialy at a stop light.
Problem w/ contacts is air blowing in under the face shield and drying out or sliding around on my eyeball.

Only other solution would be going under the laserbeam. [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 12-30-2007, 11:50 AM

I wore glasses under my helmet for a couple years, it was definitely a PITA
I never could wear contacts, my eyes dried out really bad and the contacts drove me nuts
had LASIK done this time last year and now I don't know how I lived with glasses for so long

Old 12-30-2007, 12:09 PM

Same with me, I can't ride without my glasses and don't use contacts. It's a pain to have to take them off before pulling the helmet off.Sometimes I have to shake my head while riding to adjust them, etc. I wear clip- on sunglasses too which sucks even more, lol. And no I don't want to change my visor right now, I like it clear.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Wow, sometimes you forget how good you may have it. I had to buy different faceshields do block the sun, or make the dreary day look brighter. I could not stand putting sunglasses on and off everytime the helmet got put on or off. I would always forget, then try and take the helmet off and they would get stuck. PITA!!!!!

Not trying to rub it in, but I am very thankfull for not needing glasses. Yet!!!!!! I could only imagine how difficult it would be for those who wear their glasses while driving.

Old 12-30-2007, 12:54 PM

Helmet first, then glasses. That will get real old real quick. I couldn't even stand to do that with sunglasses for more than a month.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dwschultzy

Wow, sometimes you forget how good you may have it. I had to buy different faceshields do block the sun, or make the dreary day look brighter. I could not stand putting sunglasses on and off everytime the helmet got put on or off. I would always forget, then try and take the helmet off and they would get stuck. PITA!!!!!

Not trying to rub it in, but I am very thankfull for not needing glasses. Yet!!!!!! I could only imagine how difficult it would be for those who wear their glasses while driving.
[:@][:@][:@] Just like my sister.... she has better than perfect vision... 20/13 naturally, and always has. Me I had 20/100 corrected, and recently with my new prescription got it down to 20/50 corrected. Without glasses or contacts I can't even see the big "E" on the eyechart, or even see that there is an eye chart there at all, lol. I recently did a DOT physical for my job, and I tried twice to pass the eye test the first time I went, and had to end up going back later in the week to try again to pass it. Ended up having to memorize line 5 of the chart to be able to pass, hahahah (my left eye sucks!!!). Tried to get Lasik about a year ago, but got denied becasue they're just too bad (astigmatisms), and she said even with the surgery it would only be able to be corrected to 20/50. Really kinda scares me that it's probably only gonna get worse as I get older [&:]

So yea... ya'll that don't need any kind of corrective lenses really don't know just how well you really do have it!!

Quick Reply: Riding with Perscription glasses, and a helmet..