F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Riding over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding over the weekend

Since I live in Philadelphia, it's been virtually impossible to go for a ride this season, with all the snow we've been getting. Saturday was 45* and a bit windy, but i couldn't wait, so i took the F4i out for a spin. It's my first time taking the bike out for a ride, so i didn't know what to expect. This whole time i'm worry about how mechanically sound the bike is, has been put to rest finally. It sounds, moves and rides beautifully. After changing all the fluids i think this bike will be in great functioning condition. It still cosmetically needs a decent amount of work. The front and rear fairing have cracks and scratches, but i'm inching towards ordering from Auctmart and replacing them.

My prior motorcycle was a Triumph Speed Four, and i have to say the F4i has a much MUCH more kick to it. Hands down a faster bike, and i look forward to riding it.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM

I have the same dilemma here in MI. This week it's supposed to be 40°+ and I plan to take my bike out for a spin or two. Just itching to see what my PC3 and new gearing is going to feel like. C'mon spring!!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM

make sure you wash it to get the salt off. It will eat away everything

Old 02-14-2011, 03:39 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

^^^ +1 i dont ride till after we get several good rains... our streets are white at the moment (from salt not snow) im sure you know the feeling red

Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Yea, salt was the first thing i was thinking before i took mine out. I will be putting it into my garage very shortly to start doing some work, i'll be sure to clean it before i start working.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
im sure you know the feeling red
yes

Old 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
yes
+1. Group move to the West coast?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Wouldn't mind that! I hear "Sahn Diahgo" is the greatest place on earth.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM

I was there last year at this time and weather was still chilly, and rains almost every day....lol

Ill take florida, texas, or southern cali though!!

Old 02-15-2011, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dragondima
Since I live in Philadelphia, it's been virtually impossible to go for a ride this season, with all the snow we've been getting. Saturday was 45* and a bit windy, but i couldn't wait, so i took the F4i out for a spin. It's my first time taking the bike out for a ride, so i didn't know what to expect. This whole time i'm worry about how mechanically sound the bike is, has been put to rest finally. It sounds, moves and rides beautifully. After changing all the fluids i think this bike will be in great functioning condition. It still cosmetically needs a decent amount of work. The front and rear fairing have cracks and scratches, but i'm inching towards ordering from Auctmart and replacing them.

My prior motorcycle was a Triumph Speed Four, and i have to say the F4i has a much MUCH more kick to it. Hands down a faster bike, and i look forward to riding it.

Well I'm up in Trenton and Thursday is supposed to be in the low 60's.....I'm goin for a ride!

Quick Reply: Riding over the weekend