CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Riding over the weekend (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/riding-over-weekend-121211/)

Dragondima 02-14-2011 03:17 PM

Riding over the weekend

Since I live in Philadelphia, it's been virtually impossible to go for a ride this season, with all the snow we've been getting. Saturday was 45* and a bit windy, but i couldn't wait, so i took the F4i out for a spin. It's my first time taking the bike out for a ride, so i didn't know what to expect. This whole time i'm worry about how mechanically sound the bike is, has been put to rest finally. It sounds, moves and rides beautifully. After changing all the fluids i think this bike will be in great functioning condition. It still cosmetically needs a decent amount of work. The front and rear fairing have cracks and scratches, but i'm inching towards ordering from Auctmart and replacing them.

My prior motorcycle was a Triumph Speed Four, and i have to say the F4i has a much MUCH more kick to it. Hands down a faster bike, and i look forward to riding it.

Lucentinjection 02-14-2011 03:27 PM

I have the same dilemma here in MI. This week it's supposed to be 40°+ and I plan to take my bike out for a spin or two. Just itching to see what my PC3 and new gearing is going to feel like. C'mon spring!!

redzintimidator 02-14-2011 03:33 PM

make sure you wash it to get the salt off. It will eat away everything

__Z__ 02-14-2011 03:39 PM

^^^ +1 i dont ride till after we get several good rains... our streets are white at the moment (from salt not snow) im sure you know the feeling red

Dragondima 02-14-2011 04:19 PM

Yea, salt was the first thing i was thinking before i took mine out. I will be putting it into my garage very shortly to start doing some work, i'll be sure to clean it before i start working.

redzintimidator 02-14-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__ (Post 1014819)
im sure you know the feeling red

yes:(:(:(

Junior2552 02-14-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator (Post 1014847)
yes:(:(:(

+1. Group move to the West coast?

Lucentinjection 02-14-2011 05:45 PM

Wouldn't mind that! I hear "Sahn Diahgo" is the greatest place on earth.

redzintimidator 02-14-2011 05:51 PM

I was there last year at this time and weather was still chilly, and rains almost every day....lol

Ill take florida, texas, or southern cali though!!

asill 02-15-2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dragondima (Post 1014808)
Since I live in Philadelphia, it's been virtually impossible to go for a ride this season, with all the snow we've been getting. Saturday was 45* and a bit windy, but i couldn't wait, so i took the F4i out for a spin. It's my first time taking the bike out for a ride, so i didn't know what to expect. This whole time i'm worry about how mechanically sound the bike is, has been put to rest finally. It sounds, moves and rides beautifully. After changing all the fluids i think this bike will be in great functioning condition. It still cosmetically needs a decent amount of work. The front and rear fairing have cracks and scratches, but i'm inching towards ordering from Auctmart and replacing them.

My prior motorcycle was a Triumph Speed Four, and i have to say the F4i has a much MUCH more kick to it. Hands down a faster bike, and i look forward to riding it.

Well I'm up in Trenton and Thursday is supposed to be in the low 60's.....I'm goin for a ride!