F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ridding two up with a split seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Split seat won't make a difference vs a banana seat- I ride 2up on my boyfriend's GSX-R with no issues.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
I ride 2up on my boyfriend's GSX-R with no issues.
No issues....Riding a on the back of a gsx-r is an issue...
I thought you had better tast than that Elfy, it better have lot o' chrome.

J/K

How's the leg any update?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by chetman7
I ride up against the tank most of the time and my girl always plobs forward onto my part of the seat crushing my ***** against the tank. I've tried it twice and she wont stay ontop of the split seat. my solo seat stays on 24/7 now.
Sounds like my girl with the banana, since its one flowing seat she always slid into me crushing the boys. But since I got the split, she just rests her hands on the gas tank or just sits upright. Ive got no problems at all.. she complains about the seat being harder but I dig it.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
thats called make her wear gloves which you and any passenger should be wearing anyhow.

her hands on the tank and squeezing with the knees is the proper way to ride with a pillion.
Nah, trying to convince the wife to put full gloves on "manicured hands" aint happenin lol.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 06-24-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by cman9toes
No issues....Riding a on the back of a gsx-r is an issue...
I thought you had better tast than that Elfy, it better have lot o' chrome.

J/K

How's the leg any update?
Bahaha!! Hey, he started on a CBR, sold it when we moved to FL

Leg's ok, thanks for asking in cast/on crutches till the 15th of July, then we'll see.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Originally Posted by Joey_f4i
Nah, trying to convince the wife to put gloves on "manicured hands" aint happenin lol.
Psh, they won't mess up her nails. Tell her I wear gloves with acrylics and it's fine, hasn't hurt them at all.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Elfling
Psh, they won't mess up her nails. Tell her I wear gloves with acrylics and it's fine, hasn't hurt them at all.
I'll have her read you post! lol wouldent hurt to try

Old 06-23-2009, 01:13 PM

Just make sure she understands what she needs to do and not do. Take her around a neighborhood a few times so you both get used to the difference. Then have a blast! My girlfriend loves riding with me. She gets bummed out when I go out with my friends by myself for some "spirited" riding.

Also +1 for putting her hand on the tank when stopping

Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM

It took me 2 days to get comfortable with this. My girl had been a passenger on Harleys and other cruisers before, but never on a sport bike. I was nervous at first but it's really not that crazy.

I started slow and gave her a couple tips while I tried to get used to it. Often when stopping she'd kinda slide forward and put a lot of weight on my wrists which sucked, so I told her to try to push back on the pegs. Second day was much much better, she squeezes me with her legs to hold on (she rides horses too, so she's got a good squeeze believe me!) and leans back a bit when I'm braking to allow herself more leverage on pushing back on the pegs, and avoids putting weight on me, but she doesn't let go of me of course. She waits till we're completely stopped to adjust how she's seated, and a side benefit is that she's quite cuddly when on the back, which any guy would be insane not to enjoy!

Just be careful, don't accelerate like you're alone, and give yourself more stopping distance and you'll be fine. Keep in mind you now have 2 lives in your hands, and keep your head on a swivel. Have fun!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Lightbulb

i've got pictures for your girlfriend as to why she'll want to wear gloves, or any of her gear. It doesn't matter how pretty her nails are when she's got rash and scars all over her fingers, knuckles and palms...

Quick Reply: Ridding two up with a split seat