F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

reversed Moto GP shift pattern

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reversed Moto GP shift pattern

My buddy has an 05 R6 and just bought a bar that reverses the shift pattern, he didnt buy the whole rearset but just a bar that converts it. He bought it for like 30 bucks. I rode around with it and i kinda like it, I think it makes the shifts more presice. Well i was wondering if anybody has heard if there are bars like that for our bikes? I dont want to have to buy a whole new rearset. I there anyway to convert the stock bar maybe? I thought about just turning the bar around but then it would hit the front sprocket case which makes me wonder how its even possible. If anybody has done this before could you send me pictures, or anything would help. thanks guys.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:53 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: reversed Moto GP shift pattern

If your shifter is set up like the 600RR or 1000RR then you have to buy rearsets to reverse shift. On most bikes you can just move the connector on the spindle to get the desired result but Honda seems to have an under the table agreement with aftermarket rearset makers[8D]

Old 09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Default RE: reversed Moto GP shift pattern

man that blows, I wish someone could make the metal peice that connects to the transmission not the shift bar, i wish they could alter just that piece so that it sticks out more so i can turn the bar around. Possibly a good idea if anybody wants to help me create something like this.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Moto GP shift pattern

not to be all grammar police, but the title of the post is "reversed motogp shift pattern"...shouldn't it just be motogp shift pattern?
because adding reversed would just make it regular shift pattner...1 down, 5 up...?!?!

just about everyone i know who has tried it liked it much better!

oh yea, you can just flip the bar to the top but you gots to do some cutting on the sprocket cover...

think i'm going to do this...i just got a new dremel!

T

Old 09-27-2005, 07:10 PM

lol yea i guess your right, kinda wrote it in a hurry, lol, well anyways when you complete that could you shoot me some pics thanks

Old 09-27-2005, 08:28 PM

i have woodcraft rearsets so it may not look the same as stock.

there is this one site with pictures and i registered, but they still haven't confirmed my registration so i can't see schiznit!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 AM

check ur eamil address they usually send confirmation codes to there.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:11 PM

yea dude but still nada!
i can't find the link...
i was looking at my bike today...dude, you gots to cut off like 2/3 to 3/4 of the cover! WTH?
since you have to flip the joint that the rod connects to at the front by 180, means it'll be on top instead of bottom...and guess what's there? the center of the sprocket cover!

i'm not sure if i want to do this unless i can make this schiznit clean...or do something to extend the flange out in front of the cover.

T

Old 09-28-2005, 02:37 PM

yea the thing at the end of the rod is facing downward, but maybe we could bend it out and up so that way when you turn it around it kinda goes right around the sprocket case. It might be possible to fabricate a similar piece that kinda has 2 90 degree angles to it so we can use that instead. Im thinkin about finding one off a junked bike and just messing around with. There has got to be a way so that i dont have to spend 400 dollars for a new rear set. Any other ideas?

Old 09-28-2005, 03:45 PM

well...new rearsets are nice though...haahah...
going to have to frankenstein this schiznit mang...but like what you said...2 bends, one going out, the other up...
or possibly some time of a dual lever joint thing. i'll ask around...

you can use the shifter pedal from a cbr11xx or a VFR and will work too as they attach directly.

http://www.3dstickfight.com/images/gp-shift.jpg

T

Quick Reply: reversed Moto GP shift pattern