F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Responsible Daddy

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Responsible Daddy

Okay, so the other day I was riding in a car past the freeway offramp. Just coming off the offramp I see a small cruiser of some sort, the rider is wearing jeans, boots, a leather jacket and helmet... on the back is a passenger... who looked to be a 10-12 year old boy... wearing shorts...maybe flip-flops, but easily could have been barefoot... and a helmet... I obviously know nothing beyond what I just described as far as what the story was, but can you imagine???

Old 08-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Default RE: Responsible Daddy

Somebody else just posted something very similar a couple of days ago. Crazy, all it take is just once and they will live a nightmare the rest of their lives. Not worth it IMO.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:17 PM

Definitely not worth it. I took my girl out riding today for the first time, just kept it under 20 and around the neighborhood but I won't ever do that again until she gets atleast a helmet. It is one thing to put your own life on the line but to put a child's in jeopardey sounds like the priorities are all messed up.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:34 PM

When I put my bike together and my son got to hear it for the first time he begged me for a ride.

I put all his bicycle pads and helmet on him and sat him on the seat in front of me. I idled the bike two houses down and back just fast enough that I could keep it upright. I think I hooked him for life. He begs me all the time now, but I keep telling him he can't go again until he has a real helmet and gear to fit. In another year he should be big enough that the mini-moto stuff should fit. He'll be the only kid in kindergarten with a set of leathers.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:11 AM

My boss bought a harley after I got my f4i. I told him to get all the gear he could get & he ends up getting beanie helmets for himself & his daughter & yes loud aftermarket pipes for that extra zillion hp. Never bothered talking about gear with him again.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:17 AM

yea, those helmets make the dead body look good, thats all

Old 08-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shame, common sense, has never been a breeding criteria. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-30-2006, 03:56 AM

I've seen that before. Dude should be beat down. I would feel like **** putting my well being ahead of my kid's like that.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:08 AM

i just posted somethin a lil similar to this how dumb can ppl be.[:@] Hey leveltwo i bet u seen talledega nights didnt ya(Either ur first or ur last!). sry to go off topic there.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are all judging before you even know the story!!!
what if that kid is his ex wife's son from a second or third marriage? and he's a super duper spoiled brat and just not a good person at all...like mcully caukin on "the good son"...then things would be different!

Quick Reply: Responsible Daddy