F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Replacement Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 07:57 PM
Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
Thumbs up Replacement Fairings

I FINALLY got my replacement fairings from FairingMaster.com after... 112 days. Yes, 3 months 22 days. Over 2.5 months of that was in shipping.
They actually had to redo them because they painted them charcoal/yellow instead of black/yellow. That wouldn't have been an issue but my gas tank is still black/yellow.

First impression is they look great. I'd give them a 9.5 out of 10 on paint/finish and the material. The paint only has one blemish and it is on the bottom of the nose cone and you won't be able to even see it once the parts are together. The plastic is pretty thick, feels really close to OEM plastic. I knew they did this but it is odd that they apply all the stickers then clear coat - just like the gas tank. I haven't started putting them together yet since they just got here, besides - I'm a heat wimp! I won't ride again until late September. I also have to get the wheels stripped and powder coated again. Can't have nice fairings with scratched wheels!

I bought a set of Hotbodies running lights that fit in the pocket that the factory lights fit in and they are perfect! Wish I would have gotten a picture of those. They're the smoked set so they look pretty subdued. I've also got a new fairing bolt kit. Maybe I'll get new mirrors while I'm at it...what's another $50 this far in? After that everything will look brand new and still be way cheaper than a new bike!

Once I get started on the work I'll take some before-during-after pics and post them up. Just hope it doesn't take me too long to get started since I'm trying to finish my daughter's truck at the same time.

One question, I've looked but haven't found the heat/sound insulation for the inside of the fairings. Anybody have a lead here in the states?

Last edited by Scott91370; 12-11-2021 at 11:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (07-07-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

I'd just use foil tape, the metal stuff they use on HVAC systems. Just cut to the shape you're looking for.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I'd just use foil tape, the metal stuff they use on HVAC systems. Just cut to the shape you're looking for.
Not a bad idea. I'll check it out!

Old 07-14-2021, 09:59 PM

Took all the plastics off the bike last night and redid my add-on wiring for the heated grips. This evening I went back out and mounted the tail piece and the nose cone. I was pretty scared to put the tail section on because you have to spread it so much to get it to fit but I was able to get it there without scratching or cracking it. The two bolts and the 4 pins on the underside lined up perfectly. The headlight, ram-air screens, wind screen and mirror holes all lined up with no issues and I figure this would be the worst part to get lined up.
I probably won't get the sides on until after the 23rd though. I've got a couple other projects I need to get gone starting tomorrow but I will go back and get pics of where I stopped and of the blemish I found.

So far I'd say I still give them a 9.5 rating. Hopefully this stays the same all the way through the project.

Doc Samson (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 06:18 AM
Welcome crew
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

Thanks for the update! Been thinking about this ever since I started doing track days. Additionally, my nose fairing is gradually cracking into a veritable jigsaw puzzle, so will likely place an order soon!

Looking forward to the pics!

Old 07-25-2021, 10:13 PM

I've decided that I am not going to reinstall my frame sliders because I don't want to drill into the new fairings. Does anybody know the length of the factory bolts that go into the engine where these mount?
I know the replacements are 10 X 1.25 X 90 Main Engine Stud (left side) and 10 X 1.25 X 110 Main Engine Stud (right side). I can get longer and cut them down without issue, I just don't ant to get too short.

EDIT
I think Ron Ayers has them listed as: 50mm left and 65mm right.
If I am looking at the correct bolts, parts #'s 18 & 20

Last edited by Scott91370; 07-25-2021 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Add diagram
Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 AM
Welcome crew
Received 213 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott91370
Does anybody know the length of the factory bolts that go into the engine where these mount?
How much do I love you guys? Enough to leave off my morning coffee, dig through my motorcycle parts bins in the garage, take pics, and love doing it! Lol!

Ron (and you) is (are?) correct!

Scott91370 (12-11-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 08:15 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Doc Samson
How much do I love you guys? Enough to leave off my morning coffee, dig through my motorcycle parts bins in the garage, take pics, and love doing it! Lol!

Ron (and you) is (are?) correct!
You are AWESOME!!!!

Thanks a million.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:23 PM
Welcome crew
Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Here is another option for sliders for you to consider:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233295211844

Scott91370 (07-26-2021)
Old 12-10-2021, 11:42 PM

Well I finally had the time to get everything installed - new fairings, new side markers & signals and had about 100 miles. I didn't get any pictures but after about 200 miles this happened,,,'

There isn't one piece on th bike that didn't have a crack or gouge in it.
Then there is my shoulder. The ligaments that connect the distal end o my collar bone al snapped and I hav this huge bump. Doc says as long as I get my range of motion back and no pain it won't need surgery.
I was coming up to a 15mph curve and I was doing about 20 but for some reason the bike would not respond to my leaning and bar input. There was a truck going the opposite direction so when I touched the brake, to not hit him, the font end slid out into a low side. I'm guessing it hit the back tire because the bike somehow flipped from one side to the other and scraped both side fairings. My first time to really drop it and it was a good one - the original time, the reason for new fairings, was on a dirt road going about 3mph and the bike ld into the ditch and scratched the right side up.. Forks are bent back some so it has already been declared a total.

So for my final review on the parts: I'd give them a solid 9 for fit and finish. As I mentioned I did have to drill out some holes to get screws and fittings to work properly and there was one small spot under the nose where the paint was thin (it would never be seen) but other than that they were great! I would buy from them again.

Last edited by Scott91370; 12-13-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacement Fairings