F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rear axle/wheel spacer

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default rear axle/wheel spacer

Hey guys hows things?

I recently picked up an 01 f4i and have been slowly getting it ready for the road. Ive never had one of these before and am still figuring out what everything should look like as I go lol.
The other day I got looking around the rear wheel and noticed that something seemed off. Turns out there is a spacer missing.

There is a spacer on the sprocket side that seats up to the swing arm.
The shop manual diagram shows another spacer on the right side, between the rim and the caliper. I do not have this spacer. The diagram in the manual , and others I've found online do not show any part numbers.

Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find this part number, or even better know the dimensions of it? width , ID, OD ? I imagine I could fabricate one cheaper and quicker than ordering one from the dealer.
The chain alignment seems fine (guessing the left spacer would be more important in regards to the chain/sprocket)

the caliper seems well enough aligned and the brake doesn't seem to be dragging or binding. But not knowing what it should look like Im at a bit of a disadvantage here.

Any help would be appreciated. I can find a diagram and mark the spacer in question if needed.
You'd be surprised with the number of pics of an 01 f4i on the net, that don't seem to be focused on the right side of the rear wheel.

Look heres another pic like that now lol

Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

not sure whats up , got an email telling me someone has replied but I dont see a reply here.
Anyway Thanks 74Demon, thats exactly what I was looking for.
The link you provided me doesn't seem to work but just knowing what they called it , enabled me to find a diagram with the part number. Cant believe I'm about to pay around $20.00 for an over blown washer lol

ended up finding it at Service Honda - Honda Motorcycle Parts
With all the diagrams I had been looking at , it never once occurred to me to simply hover over the number in the diagram.
Thanks again.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I did reply early this morning, but deleted my post. The link I provided was the mobile version and was going to repost from my desktop later.

You evidently got enough of the post to find it....

Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

microfische online like at motorsport.com is your best friend when looking for part numbers. Its good you found this problem. Went on a ride recently with a rich guy in the group. New R1, full titanium exhaust, ohlins etc. and aftermarket rims. Turns out the spacer on the left side was left off or installed wrong, sprocket bolts started eating into the swing arm on the ride. Stopped 3/4way to wait for people to catch up and noticed smoke from the rear and found the problem. He was VERY close to having a bad/death day with how we were riding.

Last edited by boredandstroked; 06-06-2016 at 05:56 PM.