F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Racing Kit for F4i

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Racing Kit for F4i

damn you tahoe!!! its doin good now other than needing new engine bearings!
lol

call John @ CTR suspensions (cycletechracing.com is the website) and he'll tell you what can/should be done, how much it'll cost, etc
he's done all my suspension work on my F4i and he's gonna be doing my SV650 race bike this weekend

tahoe's right with the costs of suspension but be careful when buying a used shock, I bought one on ebay and the internals were basically garbage, and the spring on it wasn't what they said it was so I spent every penny I thought I had saved having it re-worked and getting the correct spring on there

Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sv race bike? are you going to start doing the sv races now? those things are awesome at the track! vtwin....yummy...

too bad from stock the suspension sucks ****...

so it's finally running good! sweet! now for the SV? ahahhahaha

Old 11-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rogering up on the suspension. Doing my research now. This forum is the best for that.

Oh, yeah....Woody, what's wrong w. Hotbodies? Any other bodywork one should stay away from?

Old 11-06-2006, 07:39 PM

lol yeah, picked up an 05 SV650 from Ghetto Customs (came in 2nd in the SV Cup races @ RA this year)
its been crashed and needs a few things but for the most part is a good race bike plus its got an 06 motor that hasn't gotten too many miles on it yet, my only problem with the SV is that the motors in the 03-06s are fairly fragile but it should get me through a year in WERA SE region doing LWT classes
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3..._/IMG_0113.jpg

anyway,
hotbodies is just all around garbage, there have been a bunch of threads on the WERA board with complaints about the quality
fit, finish, and just overall quality isn't that good, still workable but most racers seem to lean towards spending the little extra money on armour bodies or something similar (sharkskinz is amazing stuff but probably the most expensive)

Old 11-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

anyway,
hotbodies is just all around garbage, there have been a bunch of threads on the WERA board with complaints about the quality
fit, finish,
I guess they're paying Larry Pegram a lot of moolah.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 PM

don't get me wrong man, its not bad enough that I'd turn down a free set
hell I'm using a hotbodies tail section just cause I got it used for almost nothing, but the mounting points aren't right, the ones on the left side are about 1/2" farther apart than the right side, and the upper mounts are too far apart, so to bolt to the subframe I had to make some spacers and use a different bolt

I personally couldn't justify paying full price for hotbodies stuff though at least until they get their issues worked out

I will say that they do a lot to support the sport and their riders and I've heard of some cases where they've taken pieces back and replaced them but from what I've seen thats not the common practice