F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

quick question!

  #1  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Mario072's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chicago
Posts: 48
Default quick question!

So I'm looking to get some HIDS on my f4i but Idk where to look and I'm not much of a fan of eBay so I was wondering if you guys could help me out!! I'm on a budget so nothing to expensive, (150 is expensive) and I wanted to know how difficult it was to install them, should I pay someone to do it? Or could I?

Thanks!
 
  #2  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
nickp123's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 806
Default

i bought a xenatech kit off ebay for $30 and i couldnt be happier they work great and i installed them in about 5-10 minutes, couldnt be easier. A lot of people use the ddmtuning kits which are also around $35. Either way i honestly think youll be fine and unless youre completely incapable of doing anything it shouldnt take you more than 15 minutes to install them. The hardest part is finding a good place to put the ballasts otherwise im sure youll be just fine, dont pay anyone. And for $100 you could do a projector retrofit and everything but for $30-40 you can get a good hid kit that youll be happy with. If you need help just ask or search, there are a couple how-to threads about em, or if you have a buddy thats good with this stuff call them up too.
 
  #3  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Kuroshio's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Philly, PA!
Posts: 4,476
Default

ddmtuning's website: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

LOTS of guys use these on the CBRs, all models. The reviews I've seen have said the customer service can be spotty since it' a small operation. But the delivered product has always been worth the wait and price.
 
  #4  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Default

Originally Posted by nickp123 View Post
i bought a xenatech kit off ebay for $30 and i couldnt be happier they work great and i installed them in about 5-10 minutes, couldnt be easier. A lot of people use the ddmtuning kits which are also around $35. Either way i honestly think youll be fine and unless youre completely incapable of doing anything it shouldnt take you more than 15 minutes to install them. The hardest part is finding a good place to put the ballasts otherwise im sure youll be just fine, dont pay anyone. And for $100 you could do a projector retrofit and everything but for $30-40 you can get a good hid kit that youll be happy with. If you need help just ask or search, there are a couple how-to threads about em, or if you have a buddy thats good with this stuff call them up too.

I also installed a xentec hid kit on my f4i and it doesn't seem too bright for some reason. I bought 5000k bulbs and the light it puts out is too blue so I replaced it with 4300k and it's still blue. They are completely white in the headlight housing but the light output is blue. Do you have any pictures of them at night so I can compare?
 
  #5  
Old 07-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Mario072's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: chicago
Posts: 48
Default

I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to **** like this. Lol. If only there was a how to video somewhere...cough cough hint hint.
 
  #6  
Old 07-04-2011, 12:55 AM
nickp123's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 806
Default

Originally Posted by deegaw11 View Post
I also installed a xentec hid kit on my f4i and it doesn't seem too bright for some reason. I bought 5000k bulbs and the light it puts out is too blue so I replaced it with 4300k and it's still blue. They are completely white in the headlight housing but the light output is blue. Do you have any pictures of them at night so I can compare?
really? ive never compared mine to other hid's but theyre much brighter than my stock bulbs so ive been pretty happy with them. I have the 8000k so they are pretty blue but i dont mind. I only have a picture from when i was installing them comparing my hid low beam to my stock high but i could always take one. Im kind of interested to see how yours are now actually.
 
  #7  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Dragondima's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 330
Default

I have ddmtuning hid kit, and absolutely love them. One of the best purchases I've made for my F4i, the brightness and clarity is awesome. I bought the 6000k kit, and am happy with them. Dude, call up a buddy who's handy, and buy a 6 pack, by the time you're 1st beer I'm sure you'll be almost done installing them. Really simple, don't be scared. Hit that search button and you'll find how to's and a bunch of stuff. If you refuse to do it without a video, I'll make a quick one for you.
 
  #8  
Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 AM
nickp123's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 806
Default

Name:  hid.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  108.7 KB

thats them during the day obviously, ill take one tomorrow night to compare if you can throw one up too.

haha yeah everyones got their strong suits but i promise it really is easy i bet youll surprise yourself. It's honestly almost as simple as unplugging your old bulbs and harness and plugging in the new ones and ballasts. I just used google to find some how-to threads to make sure there wasnt anything i was missing. Once you get your kits i orr anyone else on here would be glad to walk you through it if youre still uncomfortable with it. Once i was done installing them i felt like the how-to threads made it seem like much more of a daunting process and a lot longer than it actually is.
 
  #9  
Old 07-04-2011, 07:30 AM
jeffjones's Avatar
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Posts: 1,564
Default

Originally Posted by Mario072 View Post
I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to **** like this. Lol. If only there was a how to video somewhere...cough cough hint hint.
Here is a step by step on how to install them by one of the members here.


https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html
 
  #10  
Old 07-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 66
Default

What type of bulbs are you guys using for the HIDs?
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: quick question!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.