CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   quick question! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/quick-question-127769/)

Mario072 07-03-2011 09:44 PM

quick question!

So I'm looking to get some HIDS on my f4i but Idk where to look and I'm not much of a fan of eBay so I was wondering if you guys could help me out!! I'm on a budget so nothing to expensive, (150 is expensive) and I wanted to know how difficult it was to install them, should I pay someone to do it? Or could I?

Thanks!

nickp123 07-03-2011 10:18 PM

i bought a xenatech kit off ebay for $30 and i couldnt be happier they work great and i installed them in about 5-10 minutes, couldnt be easier. A lot of people use the ddmtuning kits which are also around $35. Either way i honestly think youll be fine and unless youre completely incapable of doing anything it shouldnt take you more than 15 minutes to install them. The hardest part is finding a good place to put the ballasts otherwise im sure youll be just fine, dont pay anyone. And for $100 you could do a projector retrofit and everything but for $30-40 you can get a good hid kit that youll be happy with. If you need help just ask or search, there are a couple how-to threads about em, or if you have a buddy thats good with this stuff call them up too.

Kuroshio 07-03-2011 10:27 PM

ddmtuning's website: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

LOTS of guys use these on the CBRs, all models. The reviews I've seen have said the customer service can be spotty since it' a small operation. But the delivered product has always been worth the wait and price.

deegaw11 07-03-2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1074724)
i bought a xenatech kit off ebay for $30 and i couldnt be happier they work great and i installed them in about 5-10 minutes, couldnt be easier. A lot of people use the ddmtuning kits which are also around $35. Either way i honestly think youll be fine and unless youre completely incapable of doing anything it shouldnt take you more than 15 minutes to install them. The hardest part is finding a good place to put the ballasts otherwise im sure youll be just fine, dont pay anyone. And for $100 you could do a projector retrofit and everything but for $30-40 you can get a good hid kit that youll be happy with. If you need help just ask or search, there are a couple how-to threads about em, or if you have a buddy thats good with this stuff call them up too.

I also installed a xentec hid kit on my f4i and it doesn't seem too bright for some reason. I bought 5000k bulbs and the light it puts out is too blue so I replaced it with 4300k and it's still blue. They are completely white in the headlight housing but the light output is blue. Do you have any pictures of them at night so I can compare?

Mario072 07-03-2011 10:50 PM

I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to **** like this. Lol. If only there was a how to video somewhere...cough cough hint hint.

nickp123 07-04-2011 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by deegaw11 (Post 1074735)
I also installed a xentec hid kit on my f4i and it doesn't seem too bright for some reason. I bought 5000k bulbs and the light it puts out is too blue so I replaced it with 4300k and it's still blue. They are completely white in the headlight housing but the light output is blue. Do you have any pictures of them at night so I can compare?

really? ive never compared mine to other hid's but theyre much brighter than my stock bulbs so ive been pretty happy with them. I have the 8000k so they are pretty blue but i dont mind. I only have a picture from when i was installing them comparing my hid low beam to my stock high but i could always take one. Im kind of interested to see how yours are now actually.

Dragondima 07-04-2011 01:01 AM

I have ddmtuning hid kit, and absolutely love them. One of the best purchases I've made for my F4i, the brightness and clarity is awesome. I bought the 6000k kit, and am happy with them. Dude, call up a buddy who's handy, and buy a 6 pack, by the time you're 1st beer I'm sure you'll be almost done installing them. Really simple, don't be scared. Hit that search button and you'll find how to's and a bunch of stuff. If you refuse to do it without a video, I'll make a quick one for you.

nickp123 07-04-2011 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 45930

thats them during the day obviously, ill take one tomorrow night to compare if you can throw one up too.

haha yeah everyones got their strong suits but i promise it really is easy i bet youll surprise yourself. It's honestly almost as simple as unplugging your old bulbs and harness and plugging in the new ones and ballasts. I just used google to find some how-to threads to make sure there wasnt anything i was missing. Once you get your kits i orr anyone else on here would be glad to walk you through it if youre still uncomfortable with it. Once i was done installing them i felt like the how-to threads made it seem like much more of a daunting process and a lot longer than it actually is.

jeffjones 07-04-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mario072 (Post 1074746)
I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to **** like this. Lol. If only there was a how to video somewhere...cough cough hint hint.

Here is a step by step on how to install them by one of the members here.

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

aurora_F4i 07-04-2011 10:02 AM

What type of bulbs are you guys using for the HIDs?