F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question from a new rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question from a new rider

I upgraded from a 60cc to the f4i and it seemed crazy at first but you get used to it. If you're ok with upgrading after a year then going with the ninja initially might be more rational. If you want sportbike performance though the F4i will take more responsible riding and a little longer to get used to but should also last you longer (in terms of satisfaction with performance). many people don't see the need to upgrade after an F4i, but I would say most people would want to upgrade from a ninja 250 in terms of performance unless they're looking for a commuter/gas saver.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i came from the same background from u..i rode 2stroke dirtbikes growing up so like u i had the general concept and felt comfortable..An f4i is a great first bike. i started on an 02 f4i and i would prob still have it if it weren't stolen (rip). jus take it slow and b4 u kno it jus like every other thing in life you'll get used to it in no time..i don't see u having any problems..good luck bro

Old 04-15-2008, 07:09 PM

The f4I is my first bike as well and I like it - it is fun and easy to handle as long as you don't drive like an idiot and always have respect for its power.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM

thanks for all the advice guys as soon as i make my decision and get a bike i'll get some pics up

Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 PM

My first bike as well, I had no dirt experience. Although I like to think I'm a very quick learner when it comes to having to learn mechanical things. It took me about 10 minutes to learn to drive stick well.

So depending on how confident, or how well you think you know yourself in terms of being able to handle something, you could be just fine lol.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 PM

yeah im hoping thats the case...driving stick is easy and im hoping the dirt experience will help me at least a little when it comes to riding on the street. I'm fairly confident in what I can do I just wanna be safe

Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't listen to Slip, I don't think he's even had his first crash yet (LOL).

Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Man,

I have a kinda different option for you. It may interest you and it may not. I have been riding since last Febuary. Before that I had never riden any motorcycle. Anyway, I went with a Suzuki DRZ 400SM. The "SM" is for super moto. I think this is a pretty good option. It is not a street bike I know, but it help give you a great feel for the street without the potential to hurt yourself (much) because it doesnt have much power. Another good thing is, in a year, when you feel more capable, you can upgrade to a street bike and the super moto wont be a throw away, as a ninja 250 might be. I now have an F4i and I still live my super moto.

Anyway, just one mans opinion. There are other options now that I didnt have as well. There is a new, 250 fuel injected super moto available now. It is supposed to be a really good bike. Hope this helps!!

-Josh

Old 04-16-2008, 02:27 PM

ill look into that too. thanks man

Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 PM

600CC Kantana.... I had the same back ground you did and I loved my Katana...I would have kept it too if I didn't need the money to get the F4i...it was super comfertable for long distance...

Quick Reply: Question from a new rider