CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Question for everyone need some input (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/question-everyone-need-some-input-42246/)

JDubF4i520 06-17-2007 07:46 PM

Question for everyone need some input

Ok so about 6 months ago i took over payments on a 06 f4i for a friend who couldnt handle it financially. basically he got raped when he bought it at the dealer and paid about 9200 out the door. so after about 6 months its sittin at almost 8000 left on the financing. I dont really like the f4i and would much more prefer to have a RR ( like the look better). Am i basically screwed or do you think i could some how sell this bike to someone for the remaining 8000 and then get an RR? or could i trade it in for an RR? help me out cause im stuck on what i should do

woogie 06-17-2007 07:49 PM

RE: Question for everyone need some input

Your buddy got royally screwed. Gonna be tough finding someone to pay $8K for that bike. You'd be lucky to get $5K.

JDubF4i520 06-17-2007 07:56 PM

well guess im gonna have to learn to love the F4i huh. my problem is i just hate seeing other riders in town cause i know when they see me its like look at that puss on the F4i with their r1 and even r6 look meaner than the f4i

therabbit 06-17-2007 08:02 PM

Both you and your buddy got screwed, no offense. It would be really tough for you to get 8k for that bike. I would suggest you just stick it out, get as much as you can out of the bike, cus otherwise you'll take a pretty substantial hit on selling the bike now.

JDubF4i520 06-17-2007 08:09 PM

yea i dont feel like i got screwed man i was helping a friend out. thats what friends are for i guess even though ill be paying on this for awhile

SchiraF4I 06-17-2007 08:24 PM

damn when did youbuy it? i bought mine oct 05 and OTD at 12k with some gear and owe alittle under 4k left

JDubF4i520 06-17-2007 08:53 PM

he bought it in september 06 i think

voodoochyl 06-17-2007 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: JDubF4i520
well guess im gonna have to learn to love the F4i huh. my problem is i just hate seeing other riders in town cause i know when they see me its like look at that puss on the F4i with their r1 and even r6 look meaner than the f4i
I would be more concerned on how well I rode the twistied that what some jackass on an R1 thinks. We beat this one to death, but there are some guys on a bigger bike because of the status they think it gives them. Anyway, good luck, the RR is a great bike, but I love my F4i...she'll grow on you.

krash 06-17-2007 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I would be more concerned on how well I rode the twistied that what some jackass on an R1 thinks. We beat this one to death, but there are some guys on a bigger bike because of the status they think it gives them. Anyway, good luck, the RR is a great bike, but I love my F4i...she'll grow on you.
+1 on that, stop worring about what the posers are thinking, unless your a poser too. An F4i is a fantastic bike, and although I agree they Yams are mean looking, learn to ride your nice and comfy bike, and just leave em in the twisties. I was in the market for a new bike last month, and I would only consider an older F4i. nothing else would do.(xcept the new 07RR $$$) Learn to love it, cause you aint getting out from under that thing.

fishfryer527 06-17-2007 11:22 PM

its like look at that puss on the F4i
If you look like a pussy, go to the gym. If you already have 17" inch arms then you probably look like a puss from the way you dress.

krash 06-17-2007 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

its like look at that puss on the F4i
If you look like a pussy, go to the gym. If you already have 17" inch arms then you probably look like a puss from the way you dress.
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 12:19 AM

thanks for all your guys input man i appreciate it

TheX 06-18-2007 12:21 AM

The F4i is a beautiful bike, and you can ride it proud.

CBR BoyRacer 06-18-2007 07:24 AM

First off, I want to say that I don't think it's very tactful to come onto a F4i message board and talk about how you feel embarassed to ride the bike. I'm not going to criticize you for it though. Something bigger and badder comes out every year....unless you have enough $$ to upgrade every year then you're going to have to get past all that. If you're unhappy with the f4i the way it is now then mod it out and really make it yours.

sleukem 06-18-2007 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: woogie

Your buddy got royally screwed. Gonna be tough finding someone to pay $8K for that bike. You'd be lucky to get $5K.
$5,000 for a 2006 F4I isa littleLOWdon't ya think???Retail is $6,600 and trade in is $4,560. Unless there is something I don't know about this bike i.e. laid down, abnormally high mileage etc etc.

woogie 06-18-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: sleukem

$5,000 for a 2006 F4I isa littleLOWdon't ya think???Retail is $6,600 and trade in is $4,560. Unless there is something I don't know about this bike i.e. laid down, abnormally high mileage etc etc.

I agree that it seems low, but that's the reality of trying to sell a used bike.

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 12:18 PM

lol i appreciate all your help and criticism. but yea im in the process of moding it i just got the subframe and now im looking for the seats and a fairing to complete the dual seat conversion.

sleukem 06-18-2007 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sleukem

I agree that it seems low, but that's the reality of trying to sell a used bike.
I see what you are saying. It has a lot to do with what area you are in also. I guarantee in my area that he would get $6,000 pretty easy, probably a little more.

DFour 06-18-2007 01:32 PM

yeah your definitly SOL...

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 01:38 PM

yea its all good i like the f4i i just like the look of other bikes out there better. what would you guys recommend as some important mods to hook up the bike? like i said im doing the seat conversion and after that im gonna work on a undertail for the new fairing. then flushmounts, and of course i gotta get a new exhaust. i was checking out the how to section and those LEDS in the pegs looks bad ass but do they work was a turn signals or more just for looks? what other mods do you guys recommend? crazy stuff you guys have done to your bikes?

DFour 06-18-2007 01:42 PM

shoot after you get all those done ide say get a radar detector and damper.. you listed all the good stuff. oh, and frame sliders

chornbe 06-18-2007 01:49 PM

I had a yellow '06 and now have a blue '06. The blue is... eh, not my thing. If you decide you like the blue, I'd gladly swap plastics and tank with you. I know a lot of people think Honda's yellow is "big bird gay", but I think think it's pretty f'ing sweet.

I just bought mine (the blue one) from a dealer with 50 miles on the clock for $7k out the door, so yeah... you're either going to have to pony up some $$$ or just own it for a while.

Sorry, man :(

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 02:24 PM

the blue is pretty sweet but i like the yellow also ill get back to you on that one man...i really want the red and black, red is my color but ill consider that trade. anyone try the frame sliders without having to drill a hole in the faring?

chornbe 06-18-2007 03:20 PM

Sweet. Let me know. I have a friend in Tuscon. I could ship the stuff to him and he can arrange the swap with you.

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 03:25 PM

cool cool

06-18-2007 03:43 PM

when you are hanging off the bike flying through a 30mph turn at 60mph, you will have better things to do than worry about how your bike looks. besides when riding twisties, i can't tell a ducatti 1098 from a ninja 250. i suppose if you a just cruising the city streets all day, it might matter if your exhaust goes under the seat or not though...

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 03:50 PM

i live in tucson man isnt too much exciting riding i mean there are some spots but they are long way away and yea i think that my biggest thing is the exhaust i like the whole under the seat look. and yea i only do city street riding.

chornbe 06-18-2007 05:57 PM

i live in tucson man isnt too much exciting riding i mean there are some spots but they are long way away and yea i think that my biggest thing is the exhaust i like the whole under the seat look. and yea i only do city street riding.
Then... no offense... why in the name of all that doesn't suck would you want something with this kind of seating position? I'd think a 919 or SV or FZ-1 would be *way* better for around town. I absolutely hate riding bent over for more than the 10 minutes it takes to get to the twisties. But when I get there I'm like [8D] Booya!

voodoochyl 06-18-2007 06:07 PM

anyone try the frame sliders without having to drill a hole in the faring?
I think about 90% will agree that those are not a good option. There is a good write up on how to do the Vortex sliders

laser method
and
play doh method

swe39 06-18-2007 06:26 PM

You must be a pretty generous friend to pay $1000's more than it's worth..

RojerLockless 06-18-2007 06:32 PM

****, just do what i did and pimp you're f4i out. I have people every day on EVERY kind of bike WISH they had mine.

RojerLockless 06-18-2007 06:35 PM

Do you realize how Hot the undertail exhaust makes your ass when you are just doing city stree riding? lol..

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 07:20 PM

yea id like to say im a good person and money isnt an issue to me man i have a tree in my back yard that it grows on

kevntri 06-18-2007 07:57 PM

WHAT>>>>>>
I used to live in Tucson.....
Mt Lemon is an awesome ride...............

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 08:11 PM

yes your right it is an awesome ride but if u read correctly i said everything was far from me. i live near the aiport man thats at least a 40 min drive through town just to get to mt lemon

95camaro01f4i 06-18-2007 08:42 PM

yea id like to say im a good person and money isnt an issue to me man i have a tree in my back yard that it grows on
if money isnt an issue then why do you care about the loss of trading it in on a rr?

J Nez 06-18-2007 08:47 PM

so where is this tree located and how big of a truck should i bring so i can haul it away? :D

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 08:56 PM

lol

mattyrides07 06-18-2007 09:22 PM

Yeah, (no offense) but stop being a pussy about"how everyone else see'smelook" thing!!!

TheONLY thing you shouldworry about in the"how you look on your bike" thingis... PROPER RIDING GEAR.

I have to agree though. I love my '01 f4i (and soon to be 1000) because of the splitseat. So, kudos on switching it out...since that's what you like.;)

JDubF4i520 06-18-2007 09:29 PM

lol im a ****in pretty boy god damnit! stop yelling at me! haha jk but yea i feel you i guess it was just the banana seat and the whole exhaust thing i didnt like. i like the spilt seat look and i like the exhaust under the seat but **** the f4i will grow on me once i hook it all up. and i have all the proper riding gear already this is what i wear when i ride..

[IMG]local://upfiles/16711/96952E8B2493467CA27D4F891C976FD2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16711/7B7D5628139940119C25C59500926678.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16711/61BE6F59BEA442BFA09CE8AD4B486244.jpg[/IMG]