F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question for everyone need some input

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for everyone need some input

Ok so about 6 months ago i took over payments on a 06 f4i for a friend who couldnt handle it financially. basically he got raped when he bought it at the dealer and paid about 9200 out the door. so after about 6 months its sittin at almost 8000 left on the financing. I dont really like the f4i and would much more prefer to have a RR ( like the look better). Am i basically screwed or do you think i could some how sell this bike to someone for the remaining 8000 and then get an RR? or could i trade it in for an RR? help me out cause im stuck on what i should do

Old 06-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Default RE: Question for everyone need some input

Your buddy got royally screwed. Gonna be tough finding someone to pay $8K for that bike. You'd be lucky to get $5K.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:56 PM

well guess im gonna have to learn to love the F4i huh. my problem is i just hate seeing other riders in town cause i know when they see me its like look at that puss on the F4i with their r1 and even r6 look meaner than the f4i

Old 06-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Both you and your buddy got screwed, no offense. It would be really tough for you to get 8k for that bike. I would suggest you just stick it out, get as much as you can out of the bike, cus otherwise you'll take a pretty substantial hit on selling the bike now.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:09 PM

yea i dont feel like i got screwed man i was helping a friend out. thats what friends are for i guess even though ill be paying on this for awhile

Old 06-17-2007, 08:24 PM

damn when did youbuy it? i bought mine oct 05 and OTD at 12k with some gear and owe alittle under 4k left

Old 06-17-2007, 08:53 PM

he bought it in september 06 i think

Old 06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: JDubF4i520
well guess im gonna have to learn to love the F4i huh. my problem is i just hate seeing other riders in town cause i know when they see me its like look at that puss on the F4i with their r1 and even r6 look meaner than the f4i
I would be more concerned on how well I rode the twistied that what some jackass on an R1 thinks. We beat this one to death, but there are some guys on a bigger bike because of the status they think it gives them. Anyway, good luck, the RR is a great bike, but I love my F4i...she'll grow on you.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: JDubF4i520
I would be more concerned on how well I rode the twistied that what some jackass on an R1 thinks. We beat this one to death, but there are some guys on a bigger bike because of the status they think it gives them. Anyway, good luck, the RR is a great bike, but I love my F4i...she'll grow on you.
+1 on that, stop worring about what the posers are thinking, unless your a poser too. An F4i is a fantastic bike, and although I agree they Yams are mean looking, learn to ride your nice and comfy bike, and just leave em in the twisties. I was in the market for a new bike last month, and I would only consider an older F4i. nothing else would do.(xcept the new 07RR $$$) Learn to love it, cause you aint getting out from under that thing.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned

its like look at that puss on the F4i
If you look like a *****, go to the gym. If you already have 17" inch arms then you probably look like a puss from the way you dress.

Quick Reply: Question for everyone need some input