F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Problem with a local shop!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Problem with a local shop!

have you contacted your local BBB...not BB as in bb gun but better business bureau?

Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got a reciept showing what you dropped off and the date get a lawyer. You could try local LEO's ,but they may tell you it's a civil matter for the court and may not take a report. Like Tahoe says call BBB and see if this is a common occurence for them. Sue them for damages and mental anguish, lots of lawyers will do it pro bono.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

it's a civil matter
See judge Judy...The Peoples court...+1 for small claims court.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Yeah guys unfortinately one of the ********* Im dealing with is the owner. there is only 2 guys that work there and their shop is about 10 ft square in size lol I really dont mind giving the little shops my buisness sometimes they remember you especially if you refer friends and then they might take care of you a little bit, but these guys will NEVER get any of my buisness again or any of my friends.
That is a good idea calling the BBB on these guys, I think Im going to have to do that soon.
Actually just to not give them my buisness there is a part that I want that they have in stock chrome but there is one on ebay for about $10-25 more and Im going to pay the extra on ebay just so they dont get another dime from me.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 PM

are they a certified repair shop? if so get a formal complaint from your DMV, trust me shops take that seriously, they can be investigated and shut down, id take it and flash it in their face and be like oh i heard your overnighting my parts.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 AM

yeah, time to bust out the lawyers. not for court, just to write a good "give me my parts/services or else" letter.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have had to deal with dick people here also. There is a stealership in my town where the OWNER is a bastard! I won't name any names except that it rhymes with "kabuki" dealership. When I was calling around looking for parts, the guy I was taalking to was being a real a$$ and when I asked to speak with the manager, he said you are speaking to the owner! Some buddies of mine have had the same experiences with the same shop. How the hell do these people stay in buisness? BTW, sometimes, lawyers rock! Not all the time, though. Good luck.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:43 PM

I just went to another shop to order some misc crap and I geuss they know about the shop Im having problems with and told me they have a reputation for that and they weren't suprised about the attitude I was getting from the owner and his employee (they actually said "YUP THAT'SHIM"), they said from what they hear they do this to ALOT oftheir customers.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:34 AM

The BBB issn't going to help. The BBB is a privately owned business that makes money by attempting to convert crappy businesses into "BBB Certified" companies and getting money from them.... Check their website.. Some of the companies with the WORST records that have hundreds of complaints are "members" of the BBB. They only show what category the complaint falls under and if it'sresolved or not.

Your best bet is to write AND notorize a letter to the owner giving them a specific amount of time to either return your money or fulfill services due within a certain amount of time...Say 5 business days...Let them know you will call and check the status of your order in say 3-4 business days..You may want to notate all prior dates and innocidents and explain you will follow thru with small claims and write a letter to the local news channel. (Assumming you don't live near a city.)...Once they receive the letter they will pay you back. It isn't worth their time to fight you..If they do, they will just lose in court and they know that.....Send the letter certified mail.