F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Problem with a local shop!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with a local shop!

Alright guys I,ve been bitin my tounge for a while now. I'm starting to get pretty pissed off with this local POS shop around here, I dropped off some parts for slight modification, some for chrome and some for paint after 2 months I get a call my stuff is ready come and pick it up, so I go down there to pick it up a few days later as soon as I get a chance and come to find out they lost some of my stuff!!!!!! no call or nothing just oh we lost some of your stuff we will get you some replacements when we get a chance IM LIKE WHAT! fine ok no prob what ever. now its 3 months gone by and not even a phone call. So I called for the FIRST time 2 weeks ago and the guys working cracks an attitude with me on the phone saying "he said he will call you when its ready and he hasnt called you has he? then no its not ready bye. that pushed me over the edge FIRST FU@#'n phone call in 3 months! so I called at lunch time today and sorry hes not available can I take a message. so I left a message at about 1130 NO RETURN CALL!
On top of all of this when I went down there that ONE day to get the stuff that he called me to pick up(and lost) They are just being @$$holes talking trash about their customers, "OH I NEVER SHOULD HAVE TAKING THAT GUYS WORK HES A PAIN IN THE A$$" then the other guy starts making comments about me(Im assuming he didnt know I got a call to come get my stuff that should have been ready) saying "Im not going to have customers standing over my shoulder for their stuff FU@% That and them" I was like WOW what a *****!

They still have over $1000 of my work there I geuss once they have it then F U. I have the cash and everything IM SOO PISSED!

Sorry guys but I needed to vent a little bit because the way things are going Im not even going to be able to ride this yr.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Default RE: Problem with a local shop!

several months after you get your parts, i'd call up about 4 or 5 of your friends and have them meet you late one saturday night and show up with a bag full of ski masks. well, maybe not but i'd be fantasizing about it. that sucks man, i hate crap service like that. there's just no excuse for it.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:37 PM

Id go down there with the local PD!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 PM

this is why bee bee guns were invented, go by on a rainy evening and take out some windows

Old 05-30-2007, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: adam833

this is why bee bee guns were invented, go by on a rainy evening and take out some windows
thats what im talking about. give em a warning then get more intense. youll get your stuff back.. good luck tho

Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 AM

Then they will have the local cops on their side.!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Retired Moderator

I'd talk to theowner and just lay it on the line. I'd let him know you'd like to do business with a local shop you can trust, and so far you haven't seen the customer service. Also, it doesn't hurt to say something about having a lot of friends whoneed work done (even if it is a lie). If one of those ********* was the owner...may God have mercy on their souls [:@].

Old 05-30-2007, 02:14 AM

Sucks to here when things like this happen.

I have had cars in my shop seemingly forever, but usually because the customer has no money.

I have gotten to where I will do as much of everything I can myself (of course chroming is another story!) or ask around for referalls.

Good luck man, I hope all works well for you.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:39 AM

lol i had a problem liek this with my car, ordered parts thru them and kept giving me the run around. all in all after bout 9 months i said i want my money back they said no we cant do that. lol i was like ok 2 can play this game. called all my friends and posted online local forums and there shop went to **** lost alot of business, not saying from me but people passed the word around. had my lawyer go down to the shop serve there *** with a summons to go to court for failure to refund money due to non receviing of my product. lol amazingly my exhaust showed up the next day. haha then they had the ***** to say well put it on for free, i looked the owner dead in his eyes and said **** off i wont let u touch my car with a ten foot pole. get urself a lawyer and take them to court it sux, u want a shop that will be ur friend not ur enemy, good work goes a long way in the tuner world

Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You live in the US - use that legal system of yours to sort this - walk in and hand over a copy of a letter advising that they have 7days to return your property and/or undertake the work. Afterwhich you will commence litigation for damages for the time you have been without the parts (after a reasonable period to undertake the work) and the actual cost. If you get no response the go to the small claims court (or the US equivilent) and file papers. Why should you be fobbed off when your the customer ?

Then BB the place

Quick Reply: Problem with a local shop!