F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Power Commander!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander!!!

Does it really make a huge difference and is really worth it?

Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Default RE: Power Commander!!!

does it make some difference to search or to put your flamesuit on?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:03 PM

Flame on......

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: atr3yu baykor

Flame on......
agreed, this fuggin topic has been covered so many times, if u got the money buy it if you dont then save, its worth it for every cent u spend on it

Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 PM

lol how many times are you going to post the EXACT same thing? .... no Power Commander sucks buy a rocket from like an F-16 or something you'll go WAY faster!

Old 02-12-2008, 01:00 PM

First off... LEARN TO SEARCH! This topic is seriously probably in the top 3 most annoying and repeated threads ever along with the "CCT" and "Is one of my headlights broken? One isn't on!"

second part... the semi-useful stuff. I honestly don't think it's worth it if you're the type to not use it to its maximum potential. Nowadays, I take it easy on the acceleration and turns, therefor don't need that extra kick in it. Others love it since it allows them to adjust the fuel ratio.

Basically what the guy said above me, if you got the money go for it. Technically it's supposed to save gas when mapped properly for your bike... but that would you cost an arm and a leg. An arm for the PC itself, the leg for the dynorun and custom mapping. It's more like 2 legs for the dyno and mapping.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Worth it. One of the first thing people do to there bikes is install an aftermarket exhaust. If you don't install a PC your bike will run rich do to less back pressure.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 PM

IMO the power commander isnt worth the money, it does help a tad, but still not worth the money... unless you find it cheap on ebay.

ORIGINAL: Joe Rocket

Worth it. One of the first thing people do to there bikes is install an aftermarket exhaust. If you don't install a PC your bike will run rich do to less back pressure.

And doesnt putting an exhaust on an engine make it run leaner because of the faster gas exhaustion?

I also believe these bikes run rich from the factory, making it more of a waste for the PC if you put just an exhaust on...

Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 PM

As far as a slip on making the bike run different.Never noticed a difference with my slipon vs stock(besides soound).Bike performed the same and gas mileage was the same.

As far as the PC.I think its worth it,esp for the smoothness it gives the f4i.Now get a dyno tune to go with it and you will see a bigger difference.Plus in most cases it will actually help performance and increase gas mileage(IF you do not remove the o2 sensor -on cali bikes and 06's).

Old 02-13-2008, 07:53 AM

If you don't install a PC your bike will run rich do to less back pressure.
Actually it will run lean! You are moving more air and moving it faster (theoretically) so you will need to add fuel to compensate.

The more air you move IN or OUT of an engine or the faster you can move it in or out, the more fuel you need to add to keep the A/F ratio close to correct.

Quick Reply: Power Commander!!!