F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander

So i'm trying to figure out if getting a power commander is for me and have a few questions. I guess my main question is if I can find one on Ebay for cheaper and buy it, can I simply go to Dynojet's website and download the correct map for my specific set up?

And if I only have a Jardine RT one slip on will the power commander even make a difference?

H

Old 07-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Default RE: Power Commander

I have heard bad things about the downloadable maps on the dyno jet web site. There is some noticeable increase all across the rev range when one is installed correctly. Not a huge notice in total output. Your throttle response will be much better. I personally went with the TFI fuel processor. It's cheaper and does the same thing, it just can not take fuel away, only adds it. I was running lean so it worked perfectly for me. I can feel a big difference in my throttle response and also a top end increase.

I looked at getting the power commander and belive me I did a lot of research. I found the best result with the power commander is to 1st purchase the power commander ($300-$400) then get a custom map, which from a local shop here wanted to charge an additional $300-$400. Not enough increase for me to spend that kind of cash. So I went with the TFI $170 with a great support forum to answer questions...plug and play baby!

If you go with the power commander I think you will get decent results with the system, downloaded map, and maybe a sprocket change -1 in front possibly with +2 in back.

Diabo

Old 07-17-2006, 02:04 AM

I downloaded mine from the website and I still use them today. It hasnt done anything but Good to my bike. I also loaded up the Accelerator pump also.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Yep, the map I use is from the DynoJet website. Very happy with it. DThompson, any noticeable gains w/ the acc. pump?

Also, out of curiousity, what do you have your settings set at on the acc. pump? I would like an idea where to start.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:49 PM

I got a PCIII and had a custom map made. Takes 3 hours and cost me $200 but well worth it. I picked up about 5HP on top and got much better midrange and throttle response.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Wilson1

Yep, the map I use is from the DynoJet website. Very happy with it. DThompson, any noticeable gains w/ the acc. pump?

Also, out of curiousity, what do you have your settings set at on the acc. pump? I would like an idea where to start.
I have it set at the race settings from Dynojet. Thats what I have run since I put the powercommander on. I dont know how much of a gain it will give you because i put the powercommander on and Downloaded the ACCEL PUMP before I rode the bike.

I think it did a damn good job of giving me a more responsive throttle and a bit more power especially with my full race exhaust.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 PM

I am very skeptical of the Accel Pump feature, as there is no documentation anywhere ont he net, not even on Dynojet's site, about actual reviews or dyno runs with and without it.

All they say in the literature is that "some people found...".

For that to be the manufacturer's claim, I have to think that this is more of a gimick than anything else. If it actually gave a performance gain, they would have a graph, or data or something more substantial than "This guy Steve said..."

Old 07-19-2006, 04:55 PM

I just spent another half hour scouring the net with Google and I cannot find even one single review or credible source showing that the Accel Pump does anything for you.

Nothing. Nada.

So many riders have Power Commanders, and if that feature gave a real benefit, everyone would be using it and talking about it IMHO. To have something out for more than 6 months and not have anyone mention it or really review it tells me that it is just marketing fluff.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 PM

The accel pump feature is free. If it doesnt hurt the bike at all than why ask?? Im just saying, If its not broken, dont fix it.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:22 PM

What if it gives you no performance benefit and all it does is lower your fuel economy?

Free does not neccessarily mean good.

Quick Reply: Power Commander