F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Popped my cherry!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Popped my cherry!

^Damn dude don't break the guys *****, he's excited, wore the Damngear, and wasn't puttin someone else in jeopardy. You gotta smoke him about a speedo healer. NICE!

Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can rip on a guy for anything you want...it's the internet.

get some leather riding pants and hit the track......hit triple digits while dragging knee...and become a real mang...now that is some intense shiznit...

Old 05-02-2007, 03:04 PM

As far as a speedo-healer is concerned...sounds like something you put on your ***** after wearing one all day. I could care less what speed I was actually going...speedometer said 102...thats what i'm going with. Next time i'll just go 120 so there isnt any doubt.

About draggin' knee on a track...would love to but need to build up to that. I've only been riding for 2.5 months.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:23 PM

yea speedo is a bit off from the factory...but hey...102 is faster than you've gone before so that should be good enough.

i forget my 'newb' years or even my 'ventursome' experienced years where i would hit triple digits at least once per day...

now i just sit back and scold people for it...hahahha...so yea...your need for speed is understandable being new to riding and all...but it's still not right...so even though i've done it before, and can understand where you're coming from, i still have to be the voice of reason and scold you. but i've already done it many posts ago.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Don't worry dude i'm not that sensitive. I understand completely. One day i'll get it out of my system but right now i'm just testing the limits of this machine. I can see from your album your much more experienced then most including a "newb" like myself so I can respect that.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:58 PM

Loue37,
congrats on the msf and the bike. please, be extremely cautious when approaching that type of speed. Have you learned how to come to a dead stop quickly from that speed? We probably have all gone up in that range of speed once or twice.its fun, gets the blood pumping.but, I would urge you practice your panic braking that you learned in the MSF course, not from the 30-45mph that you did there, but at all speeds, especially the high digits. unexpected things can happen very quickly at that speed, and when you get a good grasp on exactly how much distance it takes to stop from 100+, you may reconsider that speed on public roads. dogs, deer, children, are all often unseen obtacles.

again, not bashing you for doing it, it was one of first things I did. but, now that I have practiced my breaking a little more, I dont usually do it anymore, becuase I know that I cant stop like I could at 75mph. also, just for sobering reference, please read a current thread "FAST". that young man loved speed as well. RIP

Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

congrats. i still remember my 1st time we were on a deserted long strecth of road with no one around and it was just me and her that beautiful asian machine i could ride her all day long and she was still begging for more ! lol always remember to wear your gear , be safe and have fun ! lmao

Old 05-02-2007, 08:28 PM

Ok just figure i would put it out thier that i had my 06 f4i up to 164 tucked down has far as i could, I know the speedo is off , then i did a sproket change 1 down 2 up, had it saying 174 on the speedo.check with my gps and thier was a 10 mph differance when i was travling90, so i was doing 80 with the gps.I nowhave a speedo healer installed. I am back to stock gearing since i will be going from Delaware to Myrtle Beach nextweek. The best i have done so far with stock gearing and speedo healerwas 149 but could not tuck in behind the wind screen becouse of my tank bag, its preety big lol. I was looking at the tach and was just about at 14000 rpm but i am not sure if i was in 6th gear, i was running out of room, but i think i was. And yes i had all my gear on.But if i get the chance tonight i will check it out with gps and no tank bag and make sure i am 6th.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Just be careful man. Learn the bike, and take your time. And remember, in some states, doing triple-digit speeds is enough to get your bike impounded.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: chrislehman

Ok just figure i would put it out thier that i had my 06 f4i up to 164 tucked down has far as i could, I know the speedo is off , then i did a sproket change 1 down 2 up, had it saying 174 on the speedo.check with my gps and thier was a 10 mph differance when i was travling90, so i was doing 80 with the gps.I nowhave a speedo healer installed. I am back to stock gearing since i will be going from Delaware to Myrtle Beach nextweek. The best i have done so far with stock gearing and speedo healerwas 149 but could not tuck in behind the wind screen becouse of my tank bag, its preety big lol. I was looking at the tach and was just about at 14000 rpm but i am not sure if i was in 6th gear, i was running out of room, but i think i was. And yes i had all my gear on.But if i get the chance tonight i will check it out with gps and no tank bag and make sure i am 6th.
hopefully tommorrow there is no obituary for you

Quick Reply: Popped my cherry!