F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Please Help!!

Just got my first bike and its running a lil rough. Oil has been changed and now im looking at changing the plugs. I already have NGK laser iridiums on order but was looking for help on the easiest way to change them. If anyone has a good write up that can help me get past taking the tank and airbox off i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Great video, tells you pretty much everything to do the job. Good luck!

How to do a tune up on a Honda CBR 600 Bullet Bike

Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loosen the rear screws of the tank and remove the 2 front ones. lift up the tank and support it. with a screw driver and common sense...disconnect stuff...

Old 05-12-2012, 10:41 AM

My Clymer manual says to remove the radiator from its mounts and push it forward. It is possible to remove them this way (at least if you don't have sausage fingers), but it's very difficult to get enough downward force on the ignition coils to snap them into place. I would have taken the air cleaner box off when I changed mine, but one of the POs apparently thought that if a human can unscrew it, it's not tight enough.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like most people, I didn't find it necessary to remove the radiator. if you have beefy fingers like mine, then you can finger coils into place. also it helps if you wiggle them as you apply pressure.

In certain cylinders, I found that it was difficult to pull out the spark plug because of the angle. You may want to use a swivel attachment to my racquet.