F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New CBR 600 f4i owner and need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New CBR 600 f4i owner and need help!!

Ok I don't know much about the history of this bike. It is a 2001 honda cbr 600 f4i. bought it not running.I spent all day checking sensors allover. I checked the ohms on the stator and have .04 ohms across all 3 wires. When I do the a/c current check on the pulse generator i get .05 volkts at the most. It does not get any fire to the spark plugs. I got a new fuel pump ordered. Trying to get this problem fixed so when it gets here I can go for a ride before I end up going into the military(hopefully). The bank angle sensor is working fine.any tips on what to try would be amazing. I only paid 480 for the whole bike lol. It has alot of brand new parts like tires and pegs and stuff lol. If you have any questions I will try to answer them as best as possible. Oh and as far as the R/R im getting 12.4 volts to it. I don't know if this matters or not but if I remember right i think on the coil on plugs I have 12.4 volts(positive) on both coil wires.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:35 AM

well im not sure of what the numbers should be for all that stuff but you might get some more help if you give a little more info about whats wrong first. What happens when you try to start the bike or turn it on? Does the fuel pump even prime? Why did you order a new fuel pump? Did you buy it wrecked? Was it just sitting in someones garage and it wouldnt start one day so they decided to sell it since they couldnt/didnt want to fix it?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 AM

Is the kill switch okay and working?
Also, when I had the nose cone off mine, it will not start without the front wiring loom connected. Might be worth checking the full wiring!?
Sorry of this info isn't any good, but if we all throw enough then something might stick

Old 02-27-2012, 09:34 AM

ok the guy i got it from never even heard it spin over. i found the bank angle sensor and its working just fine. the stop switch works fine. the reason i got to get another fuel pump is because this one here is rusty from him losing the gas cap. as far as i can see the bike was never layed down when riding but it was dropped while sitting still in his driveway i can see that much on the muffler. the motor spins over just fine and has great compression. when i put the spark plug against the frame i dont see any spark at all. i am going to put a light in the place of the fuel pump here in a few to see if it lights up like the fuel pump will work or not when i install the new one. i got all of the fairings off and checked every connection from front to back. i found out about the headlight harness the hard way haha. i even took both sides of the engine covers off to look at the stator and crank pulse generator. i even removed the cam pulse generator and checked it out. from what i understand from the guy i got it from he told me he had it for a while wanting to fix it and something about he was paying a guy to fix it but the guy took his money and was ducking from him whenever he came around or tried to call so it took a while to get the bike back. he just wanted to sell it and get some of his money back out of it. i am fixing to go back outside here in a few and test more connections. whenever i turn the key on the gauges light up and so do the tail lights. the oil pressure blinks but the FI and stuff dont blink. sorry for jumping around from one topic to the other i am just typing it as i am thinking about it lol. i am good with wiring and kinda good with troubleshooting but i dont really know much about bikes sensors and everything. a friend of mine told me to check my points to see if they r ok. with it being fuel injected i didnt know it had points because i couldnt find any lol.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 AM

well i believe i found my problem. i cant get anything from my cam pulse generator. those are hard to find anywheres. anyone know where to buy them at?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dj600f4i
ok the guy i got it from never even heard it spin over. i found the bank angle sensor and its working just fine. the stop switch works fine. the reason i got to get another fuel pump is because this one here is rusty from him losing the gas cap. as far as i can see the bike was never layed down when riding but it was dropped while sitting still in his driveway i can see that much on the muffler. the motor spins over just fine and has great compression. when i put the spark plug against the frame i dont see any spark at all. i am going to put a light in the place of the fuel pump here in a few to see if it lights up like the fuel pump will work or not when i install the new one. i got all of the fairings off and checked every connection from front to back. i found out about the headlight harness the hard way haha. i even took both sides of the engine covers off to look at the stator and crank pulse generator. i even removed the cam pulse generator and checked it out. from what i understand from the guy i got it from he told me he had it for a while wanting to fix it and something about he was paying a guy to fix it but the guy took his money and was ducking from him whenever he came around or tried to call so it took a while to get the bike back. he just wanted to sell it and get some of his money back out of it. i am fixing to go back outside here in a few and test more connections. whenever i turn the key on the gauges light up and so do the tail lights. the oil pressure blinks but the FI and stuff dont blink. sorry for jumping around from one topic to the other i am just typing it as i am thinking about it lol. i am good with wiring and kinda good with troubleshooting but i dont really know much about bikes sensors and everything. a friend of mine told me to check my points to see if they r ok. with it being fuel injected i didnt know it had points because i couldnt find any lol.
Holy wall of text batman!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by dj600f4i
...the reason i got to get another fuel pump is because this one here is rusty from him losing the gas cap...
If your not hearing the fuel pump make noise when you turn the key on it is a problem.

Yeah rust in your gas/tank will make it not start. Remove tank. Dump gas. Treat rust in tank. Replace fuel filter and drain all gas out of the line.

Worst of all is if your fuel pump is not the problem then your injectors are most likely clogged with rust.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM

the tank wasnt hooked up for a while. and with the rust in the tank i sure wont try to hook it all up lol. im trying to figure out why it wont get any fire. lol .. and i think i figured out why i cant get any spark out of the plugs. i cant seem to get any voltage from the cam pulse generator. does anyone know a good place to buy one from online? i am going to call the local motorcycle shop tomorrow to get a price on one.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 PM

You can order from a lot of honda dealers online and they will ship to you, bikebandit and other sites sell oem parts as well.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 AM

Dood, what happened to this bike?

I mean I picked up a 03 F4i cheap and it went down pretty hard on both sides. But started right up with a fresh battery.

It sounds like everything on yours needs to be touched or fixed. Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: New CBR 600 f4i owner and need help!!