F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pit Bull stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pit Bull stand

Not starting a argument... but can we specify why pit bulls are worth extra cash.

I have Vortex and do not have any poroblems with them. They are a little cheaper (not a lot, just a little cheaper) than pitbulls.

I've found DMP stands and they look like the same quality (hard to tell without seeing them in hand, but I know a guy that ordered a set).

But I'd like the reason why pitbull has a die hard following.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Retired Moderator

Good point, Don. I have never used another set of stands before so I have no perspective, but when I have the bike on my Pitbulls, I feel like the bike could stay up through hurricane force winds. I thought about the Vortex stands myself, but hadn't heard a lick about them so I stayed away. Tahoe has mengtioned that the T-Rex stands aren't so hot...and that's all I know. I could be ignorant (stating the obvious?), but I am a FIRM believer in the adage"You get what you pay for". Me likey me Pitbulls...

Old 12-06-2007, 07:29 PM

I just bought the t-rex stands, bike feels very very stable i wiggled it around with a lot of force and even sat on it bounced around and they seem very very sturdy. I havent used anything else but wouldnt mind comparing.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 PM

Yes pitbulls the best ( WOW THAT DEALS LIKE A SORE DICK YA CAN'T BEAT IT !!!!!!!!!!!! )

Old 12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Retired Administrator

I thought it would be nice to hear why pitbulls are the best. I've went through this here many times and the majority parrot "pitbull best, pitbull best"... but no explanation follows.

I like my vortex stands and would be happy to give a good review. Easy to use without help. Very stable. Has four caster wheels, welds are flawless, the finish is durable, easliy adjusted for multiple bikes (the rear is universal as well as spools so I can work on other bikes) and they do the job. The only con I have is the rubber pads that provided on the universal setup fall off. No big deal, I used electrical tape to protect against damage to swing arm.

What makes pitbulls better than this?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:38 PM

My review on trex
https://cbrforum.com/m_440736/tm.htm

Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Retired Moderator

Beautiful write up, Blue. If I weren't so lazy, I would do something like that for the Pitbulls.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 AM

glad to hear u guys think so highly of them, I had always heard good things about pitbull but then i was kinda curious when the guy just gave them to me lol

Old 12-07-2007, 05:23 AM

Thanks Voodoo, the bike has been sitting for a couple days on em so far and i wiggled it around some more yesterday and still sturdy.

They seem well built, my reason why there cheaper then others is because of the 2 piece design. Its more expensive to built one solid piece like the pitbulls then to make 2 pieces and bolt em together.

The only "bad" thing i hear about the t-rex so far is that the paint is crap, but like someone said before i'm not using them to show off haha.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 AM

my only problem with Vortex stands is that they originally copied the Pit Bulls and added a coule small things, that really bothers me. Vortex is usually a great company and I love all of their other products but I won't use their stands for that reason.

As far as why pit bull stands are the best, they're well made, they have the best customer service (if you have a problem just call and talk to Charlie), they last forever (I have literally left my bike out in a hurricane/flood and not only did the bike not budge (even though I saw quite a few other bikes the next morning that had fallen off other stands), but despite being completely underwatter for a day and a half, they still look and function like new. Pit Bull has the best product line as well.

Quick Reply: Pit Bull stand