F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pc3 substitute???

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc3 substitute???

hey guys i was browsing the web and stumbled upon another type of fuel remapper like the pc3. it's called the revtech dfo fuel optimizer. has anyone heard of it? or can anyone explain to me the difference (pros/cons)? here's the site about it:

http://www.customchrome.com/dcm/cc/b...vtech_dfo.html

and i found it here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWD1V

thanks!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Default RE: pc3 substitute???

Revtech makes nice stuff, but I've never heard of them making anything for japanese bikes of any kind. They are a big name in the custom chopper world and make everything including full engines. It says in the custom chrome catalogue that this unit is for any fuel injected V-twin. Ebay makes me nervous sometimes with this kind of thing. There are a lot of counterfeit products on ebay. Call the company, or a custom chrome dealer (I think revtech is their brand) and make sure the product would even work on your bike. You have somebody in your area that carries custom chrome, ask at the local chopper shop or even the harley dealer. They can tell you for sure if this box will work.

A little advice though. If you want to mod your bike on a budget stay away from performance mods. Get an exhaust, maybe some turn signals, double bubble windscreen, or that sort of thing. Any device that plays with your map requires somebody who knows how to set it up. This is going to cost you! Search this forum and you will see a number of unfortunate folks who bought a PC and downloaded maps from the internet, or tried to have the local shop set them up only to have the system completely screwed up. You aren't going to get away cheap, and buying a cheap box on ebay I really think is a bad idea. My $0.02

Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM

i saw those the other day. i saw them on a couple pages outside of ebay which makes me think they are legit, however... birdstrike is right. just get an exhaust. they make a cool sound and look wayyy better than stock. unless you're drag racing you don't really need extra power for any bike on the street.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

http://www.customchrome.com/catalogs...l.asp?page=485just get a power commander if you do plan on getting a programmer..

Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 AM

yeah i know i know... i should rather play it safe with the just the basics... but here's the thing (and please correct me if i'm wrong)! 1.) i have BootLegs LE CF Shorty pipe and if i did get a pc3 i wouldn't know how to remap the damn thing anyway since there are probably nobody yet who has dyno'd the thing and saved their map. and 2.) everyone who i know who owns a bike always tells me to get a pc3 (or probably something similar to a programmer) to pump out the max hp and fuel curve out of the bike w/ the pipe on.

i've always looked at doing something similar to this but i'm not even sure about getting a pc3 or anything like that due to the fact i have been hearing problems with ppl's stuff. as you can see on my sig that i have all the bare essentials on the bike that i need but i just want to make sure that it's all complete.

thanks again!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:20 AM

If you get anything that affects the fuel map of your bike you need to have it setup on a dyno. No two bikes are the same and downloading somebody elses map isn't neccessarily going toing to work on your bike the same. Again check the search function to this forum you will read several testimonials from people who did just that (downloaded maps) and had problems. If you just plan on downloading maps from the internet you are better to just run without any kind of module.

Are you really using the bike enough to need that extra 2 horsepower. Have you ridden enough bikes or have enough experience with them to judge whether or not the bike is behaving better or worse. 90% of people if not more would answer no to both questions (though some wouldn't know it). If you are in the 90% I'd say save yourself a headache and a bunch of money!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 PM

i definitely agree... i probably am in the 90% category. my concern is though since i modded my bike w/ an exhaust does that harm the long term effects of the bike since it changes things on how the bike was original made for?

Old 10-01-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

i definitely agree... i probably am in the 90% category. my concern is though since i modded my bike w/ an exhaust does that harm the long term effects of the bike since it changes things on how the bike was original made for?
Are you going to go for 200k miles on your bike? no, you aren't. Just ride it fool. you're not building a race bike where 1/10th of a hp matters so don't worry about numbers. only squids and racers worry about numbers. You can get a power commander if your can makes your bike run crappy (which i doubt) and use other peoples maps to help but keep in mind, no two dynos aren't the same, and no two bikes arne't the same. If you don't have any experience with that stuff don't **** around with it. Learn to ride the dog**** out of your bike and you'll eat all the flat spot riders that only use the power to do burn outs, wheelies, and go in straight lines. above all, ride smart/safe.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:23 PM

thanks... for the feedback guys! i guess i just keep getting excited cuz this is like a new toy to me. i'm a conservative rider and i guess it doesn't really suit me to keep modding the hell outta it. i should just stick to the basics...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Ace_f4i

no two dynos aren't the same, and no two bikes arne't the same.
rofl!! woops.

oodayvidoo we've all been in your shoes. my advice is get comfortable with your bike. figure out the best riding posture for it and get used to the way it works.. learn about it and how it works before you do serious mods.