F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Passenger Seat Cable Lock Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Seat Cable Lock Help

I rode to work, and when i went to unlock the rear passenger seat to put soemthing in there.

The cable thing or the hook that holds the rear seat , feel off, need help on how to repair it?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Passenger Seat Cable Lock Help

pic?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM

Take off the front seat. Go underneath with a wire hanger and tug on the cable. The hook doesn't look your seat in but most likely the cable came loose from the lock.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:21 AM

I will try to have a picture up of the damage a.s.a.p. I will have to do it later after work! But i'll keep you guys updated.

It did seem that its missing a screw that holds everything to the subframe.

Thanks again guys! appreciate it!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM

From what you're saying I had the same problem a few weeks ago. The little wire cable came out of the black hook on the locking mechanism. I had to remove the front seat reach way back in the tail and locate the wire cable. once you find it you just have to pull on the end of it and the seat unlocks.

Once I got it open I made sure to fasten the wire cable in such a way that it can't come out of the hook on the lock mechanism when it rotates. Once you get it fastened try putting the key in and turning it as if you were unlocking it but with the seat off...this way you can see if the wire will come out of the hook or not.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:41 PM

use a wire hanger, bend it to have a SUPER tight hook at the end. at the end of the release wire is a ball that you can hook onto. hook + pull +pull up seat = WIN

Old 08-02-2007, 05:19 PM

I had that same exact problem, cept i was at a gas station; and as i was walking out some girls were like sweet bike! I was in a hurry so i was just like "Thanks!", and i got to my 03 f4i and attempted to get my helmet which was locked under my seat. I couldn't get the damn seat off for like 5 mins!!! I eventually went back up to those girls bc they were still pumpin and i couldnt do it by myself so i asked em if they'd like to make a few bucks!!! They laughed and were like what, as they now looked at me like i was a perv...lol. I asked them to help me get my seat off! The one was like so how much are we gonna get paid to get you off??? I laughed and just said 10 bucks and one girl held my key turned while i pulled on the seat and got off...i mean got it off!--Hopefully you dont look like an idiot like i did but i was also like 60 miles away from home, and bugs hurt : ) Tip: As stated in this already...use zip ties to prevent it from happening again, thats how i fixed mine!

Old 08-05-2007, 01:45 AM
Default here arE SOME pictures.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: here arE SOME pictures.

?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Default RE: here arE SOME pictures.

i have a question. In your pictures, it seems you took off a screw and disassembled it. Did you do that purposely to show each part? Or did it fall apart on its own and you're wondering how to put it back together?

If it just fell apart like that, I'm guessing you're missing 1 screw that holds everything together. To put it back together, you need to get that screw that fell off. In the second picture of yours, there's a piece on the edge of the seat area (top right area), there's a spring on that. The spring goes into the space into the metal piece that looks like a key (3rd pic has a good zoomed in shot). You basically line up the key looking part into the other piece. it'll fall apart on its own unless you screw everything together.

Sorry if my explanation is bad. Would be a lot easier to do in person.

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat Cable Lock Help