F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

parking lot drop

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parking lot drop

Hey, I'm John and i am very new to this forum. I just bought an '02 F4i about a week ago and already dropped it in the parking lot
i have to vent about it a little bit so here's the story

I went to work for the night shift (4-10:30). I left work at 10:30 pm and the temperature outside was just below freezing. I had parked out behind the restaraunt i work at. There was a little bit of frost on the bike so i started it and let her warm up for a few minutes before taking off. WEll the combination of practically frozen tires and grease spilled on the asphalt behind the store made a slippery combination. I just let the clutch out with barely any gas and took a slow sharp left turn and the back tire just spun and fishtailed out behind me to the right. ends up i lightly drop the bike and have to replace the right mirror and have some scratches.

bike was mint when i bought it, not a single scratch.
less than 200 miles later, she looks like every other 5 year old bike out there
oh well
i feel better now

Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Default RE: parking lot drop

eh well, I dropped mine in a parking lot once too. I was starting to pull out, but changed my mind at the last second, and grabbed the front brake. Well I was already leaning to turn, and when I stopped I was in an akward position, and slowly me, and the bike fell over. It was especially awesome because all the cars driving by were honking and yelling at me. I tucked my tail between my legs, and rode home thoroughly humbled [:@]

They say there are two types of riders, those who have gone down, and those who will go down, hopefully thats the worst, you, or me ever have to experience.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone on here can tell you a story about dropping their bike, whether its a bad crash, or a simple mistake.....sucks, but it happens.

what color is your bike? chances are there's a sharpie in that color. laugh......but it works wonders. my g/f dropped her '01 silver/black and had a few marks on the tail. a silver sharpie took care of it pretty darn well. sounds dumb, but you'd be suprised what they cover up

now..........welcome to the club! lol

Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

tires are not to be used under 30 degree whether, I cant remember if thats in the manual or if it is on the tire websites. but they will hold no grip if its that cold.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 PM

my bikes red and black
yeah sharpie makes a million colors so i should be able to find one, hah
its the principle though, i have had it less than 200 miles
oh well
adds charactr

Old 11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha, you got me to start a thread in the "off topic".......dont feel bad, we've all been there.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:34 AM

Hey John, don't feel bad about it; I had dropped my SV after a week or so (down shifted in mid-turn). The important thing is to climb on the saddle quickly and learn from the mistakes so as to not repeat them.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Pete02F4i

eh well, I dropped mine in a parking lot once too. I was starting to pull out, but changed my mind at the last second, and grabbed the front brake. Well I was already leaning to turn, and when I stopped I was in an akward position, and slowly me, and the bike fell over. It was especially awesome because all the cars driving by were honking and yelling at me. I tucked my tail between my legs, and rode home thoroughly humbled [:@]

They say there are two types of riders, those who have gone down, and those who will go down, hopefully thats the worst, you, or me ever have to experience.
haha almost EXACT situation as my first drop. Was pulling out and out of the corner of my eye i saw a car speeding through a blind turn headed my way, and being very inexperienced grabbed the fronts and having one leg slightly off the ground made me and my bike go to the ground. I was so pissed because just like the OP my bike had ZERO scratches on it what so ever and not even after 100 miles did i drop it.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:39 AM

I was washing my 06' F4i( had 35 miles at the time) and my driveway is a slight hill. I was scrubbing the rear fairing and pushed to hard to get the crappy honda grease off of the tail light when I pushed the bike a little to hard and it came off of the kickstand!!! Had a couple minor blemishes in the fairing and the cover. BOUGHT FRAME SLIDERS THE NEXT DAY!!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:19 PM

yeah.... [>:] I think we've been there..... dust er off and ride again as they say.

Quick Reply: parking lot drop