F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Not turning over

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not turning over

So, new to the forum, but looking for some insight into an issue with an 01 600. Like grabbing up on a good deal and doing a few rebuilds as a hobby. But, this thing has me going crazy. So, when I got the bike it was an electrical nightmare, but, traced everything back and changed/redid all the wiring per the service manual wiring. Most all works as it should, turn the key, tach comes on as it should, can hear the pump prime, zener diode is working as it should, engine stop switch works as intended (can hear the relay click, and checked voltage), start button turns over the starter. Pulled all plugs and using the coils to check for fire and all 4 are firing good. Got the top cover off and checked cam timing and that all looks good as well. For the life of me I cant wrap around why it wont begin to turn over, cant even get a decent backfire to let me know there is combustion. Compression checked out good as well. Codes thrown were the ECT sensor and IAT sensor. But, would that cause the engine to not turn over or even have spark in the chamber? when turning over as well, injectors dont seem to be spraying at all, resistance looks good, but haven't changed it yet, could it just be a faulty ecm? appreciate the input, this thing has me stumped! Also forgot to mention, battery is new and voltage is perfect.

Last edited by Drizzy01; 02-24-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add about battery
Old 02-25-2020, 02:45 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

First off your confusing everyone. You say the starter turns over but the engine doesn't. Turning over means the engine is spinning, turning. The starter does that. Sounds like your describing a simple no start situation. You also claim no spark yet also claim you took the coils off and confirmed ignition so really confused there as well.

The only time I've had what your describing [minus the codes, had none] I had bent the finger plate on the end of the camshaft so the sensor didn't have a good signal to pickup when doing valves.