F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No wheelies for me!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No wheelies for me!?!?

I am relatively new, and the unfortunate thing is you will get both arguments like i have for wheelies. I have had pro stunters tell me clutch and i have had track guys tell me power. I really think it comes down to practice with either way you choose. I have tried both ways and i am comfortable doing power on my 600rr. I am now practicing on height. Take it one step at a time and get used YOUR bike and the controls it takes to do a wheelie either way! good luck!

Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 PM

definately a no on the power wheelies...

clutching it is not unexpected at all...keep doing what you're doing, but everytime rev it a little higher and slip the clutch a little faster. Eventually the front tire will come up...then you just keep getting higher in the revs as you get more comfortable and it will continue to get higher and higher...

AND ALWAYS COVER THE REAR BRAKE!!!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:30 PM

i dont know, im able to do a power wheelie from 1st gear by going into 5-6000 rmps and just drop the throttle real hard. also sit back a bit. it and it will go up every time.
my question is to Sinful is, are you leaning backward and are you sitting more toward the back of the seat or is your croutch right in the tank. if it is, then there is your first issue.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:29 AM

just from hearing it it sounds like doing a power wheelie would get u used to the feelingof the bike raising in the front, but ive never actually done it and i just started riding so it will be a while before i even try it cause i wanna get used to the feel ofthe bike first

Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 AM

I do tend to sit towards the front.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Err

ahahhahaha.....such bad advice in this thread....

**make sure you know how to ride a bike before trying wheelies.**

use the clutch, cover the rear brake so you don't kill yourself, stand staggered (left foot on the pass. peg right foot COVERING rear brake), learn to be smooooth with the throttle, baby steps.

it actually takes a decent amount of practice (hours not 20 min) to learn how to wheelie.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Banned

I don't care who you are track or not... you should not try to learn to wheelie by doing power wheelies.

The track guys say that why? Hmmm... maybe because they're on a race track gettin' on it. Not trying to do an environmentally controlled wheelie (such as on public streets... which is what I'm assuming you're doing).

Don't do a power wheelie. Ever. Your bike is basically out of control on a power wheelie.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:05 AM

wow, i guess this is good to know...figured it would be the other way around.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the clutch,
I don't agree with the bike out of control on a power wheelie.
I can blip the throttle in 1st at about 5500rpm and it preloads the front end. Total control for just a little 1 footer.
I learned riding MX bikes for many years.
If you are looking for learninga long high slowwheelie, use the clutch and learn to use the rear brake. Work on covering the brake before trying to get distance with the front end up.
I sound like a know it all, and I don't even wheelie my F4i (except thequick power wheelie once in a while). I can take the YZ and hold it on the rear for agood distance.

Be careful and good luck

Old 02-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Banned

Everything I'm saying should be applied to those LEARNING wheelies. That's all I've insinuated.

No one, for any reason, should learn to wheelie by doing power wheelies. After you've gotten to the point that you feel good about it - sure, hit the highway while it's empty and roll back on the throttle and bring it up.

But NOT before you KNOW how to wheelie.

Quick Reply: No wheelies for me!?!?