F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

It was nice while it lasted

Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was nice while it lasted

Well, after spending a few months resurecting a neglected 2002 f4i to a very respectable and capable ride, I'm sorry (and quite a bit pissed off) to say that she was stolen this morning.

Yup, so much for the heavy duty motorcycle cable and lock...looks like it was cut like melted butter. Police say that its long gone and they don't have the resources to actively look for it..which is pretty much what I expected to hear.

The sad part is that it was still in posession of my friend who gave it to me as he had totaled his car and needed transportation. Unfortunately, he only had liability insurance on the bike so were both pretty much stuck. I'm out for the parts I paid for and the cost of transporting it. He's pretty sick about it too as he has no transportation now, plus he still thinks he "owes" me for it. I told him not to worry as he as enough on his plate right now. Realy sucks as we are both in grad school and unemployed, so while I still have a car and my other bike he is out quite a bit.

Oh well, had to vent a bit. I also want to thank everyone for all the tips and info that you have provided.

Keep the shiny side up.

David

Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that dude. I don't really know what to tell you besides the obvious keep an eye out on craigslist and ebay...That sucks to hear though

Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

That sucks man. I really wish people would understand leaving bikes outside without theft insurence is a sure fire way to get screwed one day.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM

people have nothing better to do than stealing other people bikes. Hope it turns up somewhere. Just keep an eye out on craigslist or something. These stolen thread make me want to invest in gps tracking. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's bogus, I'm sorry to hear it.

I'm not sure what the answer is; insurance and lojack are pretty expensive, but when even the big locks don't work ... maybe that's the only choice.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Default dang

Wow buddy im really sorry to hear that, especially because of your circumstances. I use my bike as a hobby but Im sure people use them as the main source of transportation which makes this just like stealing someones car/truck, etc. As others have said and im sure you are doing, check CraigsList, Ebay, Motorcycletrader, and all those online ways to sell bikes, as well as any local dealers that take in used bikes.

Best of luck to ya, and keep us posted if anything comes up. Or if you find the loser who did this and 'happen' to not see him crossing the street and 'accidentally' hit him doing 50.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:15 AM

Man that really sucks! I hope it's recovered quickly and not tore up

Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear you lost your ride

Thats one thing I love about living in a small town. When I lived in the Twin Cities I was always worried about my stuff getting jacked. I remember in H.S. someone stole my car stereo and took a **** next to the car door. In my current town w/ 8k ppl, I leave all my riding gear right on my bike w/ out blinking an eye. I know when I come out all my stuff will be right where I left it.

Moses

Old 06-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Man that really sucks! I hope luck turns in your favor!

Old 06-30-2011, 10:16 AM

So sry to hear man I'm with wish2oo0 I love my small town but it's still in the back of my head that anything can happen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: It was nice while it lasted