F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New to site- Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site- Exhaust Questions

So I'm new to this website along with being a new rider. Just got my license a few weeks back after I took the safety course. I ended up buying a 2006 Honda CBR 4FI with 7800 miles on it. The previous owner had tipped it over so there are some scratches on the left side and front cowl is cracked on both sides near the rivets on the wind screen due to previous owner throwing his leather jacket on it. He was asking $4,000 but I got him to drop it down to $3,600. So far I am extremely happy with the bike. The only mods done are the fender eliminator along with new flush mounted blinkers.

I am looking for an exhaust system that is easy to install and sounds clean(not too loud!). So far I am leaning more towards the Two Brothers, m-2 or m-5? Do I need tune it once its done?

I am also looking for so l.e.d. tail lights along with a front cowl.

Please reply with your imput along with any other suggestions or websites where you can find good deals.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:26 AM

Welcome! I too just finished my motorcycle class and last month purchased an 01 with 7,600 on it for $3000. It sounds like the previous owner of your bike was a bit careless but nonetheless it is yours now and its time to clean er up! You are new to riding, as am I, so my suggestion would be to take it easy and practice alot on desolate roads or parking lots to gain confidence and get a feel for the bike. Before modding, makes sure the solid foundation is there with good tire/tread and the correct psi. You will be amazed how different the bike feels when you have good tread and the correct psi. More than anything, change fluids (brake possibly, but def. oil) If you are running a bit hot, change coolant. But you shouldn't have to change the brake fluid or coolant with such low mileage unless the previous owner seriously abused it. As for exhaust, choose one you like! If I did not find a barley uses bootleg custom slip on on craigslist, I would have went with a two bros or M4. To each his own though. I purchase everything from cyclegear, as they are right down the street from me here in Arizona and there prices and customer service is top notch. Other places you may shop are hotbodiesracing and motorcyclesuperstore. Good luck and clean her up and practice!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i got my bike i changed the oil ASAP and fluid in both brake systems. Coolant doesnt need it unless it looks horrid or your overheating. It gives you the piece of mind to know that you have fresh fluids and helps you learn about the bike.

Most if not ALL exhaust systems are going to be super easy to install on these bikes.

Your best bet is to do some youtube homework and find one you like.

I personally have a shortened Yoshimura TRS and love it.

Be safe. Wear gear ALL THE TIME. Don't be a squid

And "Too Much Too Fast" is never a line you wanna hear after your wreck your new toy doing something stupid.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:03 PM

Welcome,

Here is mine. Yoshi RS-3 Carbon. It is a huge improvement from stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Uv8b1rjvs

Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM

How short is your exhaust? Looks really good, me want one!

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
When i got my bike i changed the oil ASAP and fluid in both brake systems. Coolant doesnt need it unless it looks horrid or your overheating. It gives you the piece of mind to know that you have fresh fluids and helps you learn about the bike.

Most if not ALL exhaust systems are going to be super easy to install on these bikes.

Your best bet is to do some youtube homework and find one you like.

I personally have a shortened Yoshimura TRS and love it.

Be safe. Wear gear ALL THE TIME. Don't be a squid

And "Too Much Too Fast" is never a line you wanna hear after your wreck your new toy doing something stupid.

Old 05-18-2010, 01:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

1) Use the search this topics been beat

2) Check out the common asked questions sticky at the top of the f4i section i have about every exhaust available in there...

Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i got a good shorty for sale as well

Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by vangill
i got a good shorty for sale as well
+1 post up pics van...

Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're better off fixing the upper. I used some Permatex 2 part epoxy specifically for ABS, cost 5 bucks a tube. A whole lot cheaper than a ne'used one. The epoxy is holding great after one season, better than the fiberglass work that I did on the other side.

Old 05-18-2010, 11:50 PM

I plan on seeing if the 2 part epoxy will hold it in place. It's cracked into 2 places on the top part of the wind shield so hopefully it will be an easy fix. As for exhaust, I didn't explore too much of the website before posting. I will continue to look and find previous posts regarding those. As far as safety goes, my helmet, gloves and jacket came in today. Looks pretty sweet and seems to be good brands. Alpinestar gloves and jacket and Joe Rocket helmet.